Chapter 13

Chapter 13

“This is all?” Miss. McAllister asked us disappointed.

“Uh…yeah,” Zack shrugged looking at the small bundle of branches kept at his feet.

“Are you sure? You know that grades will be given keeping in mind how you performed this task,” Mr. Kingsley said.

“Yes sir we know,” I sighed.

“Where's Miss. Lane?” Mr Kingsley demanded.

I hadn’t noticed till now that Chas was missing in action. Where did she go? We couldn’t help it anyways. The Jenson scare had really freaked us out. So, we weren’t able to gather many branches. All we collected lied down in a pathetic little bundle at our feet. I glared at the students looking at us in an amused fashion. They thought they had right to laugh at us just because their bundle of branches was considerably larger than us.

“She must've gone to drink water,” I shrugged.

Mr. Kingsley clucked his tongue and whipped out a paper clipped to a black writing board.

“I’m here!” Chas exclaimed running towards him just as Mr. Kingsley was about to mark us. Her face was barely visible behind the heap of branches cradled in her arms.

“Well,” Miss McAllister smiled, “This is better.”

“Where were you Miss. Lane?” Mr. Kingsley asked authoritatively.

“Well…we had all decided to go in different direction to collect woods. This is what I collected…there're some more back there. I need help to get them here though,” Chas smirked throwing down the branches on the ground as she lied smoothly. Our bundle was no doubt larger than anyone else’s bundle.

“That wouldn’t be necessary,” Miss. McAllister said looking down at the grassy ground, “I think we have a clear winner.”

It was my turn to laugh on the other student’s faces. Trust Chas to save us at the last minute.

“Awesome,” Blaze grinned at Chas.

Chas winked at him, “Ain’t I the best?”

“You saved our butts,” I hugged her.

“Wow Chastity…how did you carry all that?” Eric asked astonished as the teachers moved on to mark other students.

“It’s Chas…don’t call me Chastity, that sounds so prissy! I hate it,” Chas whined.

“I don’t know why you like to be called Chas, Chastity is such a pretty name,” Stacy snapped.

“Yeah? You want to know how pretty Chastity sounds,” Chas said threateningly whipping out her fist.

“Chas!” I scolded her as Zack laughed.

“You are such a drama queen,” Zack teased.

“Says the boy who was wearing a hot pink halter in the morning,” Chas grinned wickedly.

Blaze gave a warning look to Zack. That was sweet of him, I guess.

“I am not going to waste my time to argue on such a juvenile topic,” Zack said flipping back his blonde fringe. He looked adorable doing that.

“Whatever,” Stacy rolled her eyes, “I’m tired, so, I’m going back to the tent.”

“Sounds good to me,” Chas agreed.

“Hey Tee,” Blaze held my hand, “Can I talk to you?”

“I don’t know…I am a little worn out too,” I told him.