Chapter 26

Chapter 26

“Not in school…not here at least,” Chas wrinkled her nose as Blaze kissed my forehead.

I didn’t really like public display of affection but whenever I was with Blaze I seemed to forget about my surrounding and people around me. Only one person was visible to me – Blaze, especially at that time. As always he looked fabulous; his hair had grown slightly long and that made his hair fall over his glorious blue eyes.

“I’ll miss you,” Blaze gave me a mischievous smile.

 “For God sake you guys have history together! And that is the next class!” Chas stomped her foot.

“Later.” He gave a last smile ignoring Chas and walked away.

“Tee, don’t take me wrong but this is not fair.” Chas waved her hands in the air to make her point clearer.

“What?” I tried to match Chas’ steps as she was walking fast. She always did that when she was angry. The angrier Chas was the faster she walked.

“It’s like I don’t exist for you anymore.”

“What are you talking about?”

“We don’t spend much time together since you have started to date Blaze. It’s like he has switched you with a love sick zombie.”

“Chas—“

“You were never like this Tee…I want you guys to be together but don’t push me away.” Chas stopped walked and faced me directly.

Was Chas right? In was she was…it wasn’t my fault really as I had never been in love before. It was a perfect storybook romance and he was my handsome prince. He made me laugh and pampered me. That didn’t give me right to ignore Chas though. And I didn’t want to be one of those girls who stopped hanging out with her friends right after she gets a boyfriend. I had to find a way to balance.

“I am a little unbearable these days...Aren’t I?” I sighed

“Only a little,” Chas grinned.

“Let’s start again.” I hugged Chas tightly and she tried her best to wriggle out of my grasp.

“You almost strangled me.” She rubbed her neck dramatically…so, Miss Cameron, just because you have boyfriend means rest of us do too.”

I knew what she was getting at. “This is about Eric, isn’t it?”

“I am hopeless,” she sat down in the chair after we entered the math class.

“No you are not. Just look at the way Eric is checking you out,” I chuckled pointing at the front bench.

And indeed Eric was gazing at Chas as if she was a Goddess he was ready to worship. I had to do something to help both of them.

“Eric!” I waved at him.

“What are doing?” she gasped unbelievingly.

“What I should have done long ago,” I smirked and diverted my eyes back to Eric. “Come here.”

Hesitatingly, Eric walked towards us. He wasn’t bad looking at all and pulled of the nerdy look well. In fact the nerdy look pretty popular among the celebrities that is why they were all going for nerdy glasses and tweet coats. Eric however did not wear glasses.

“Uh---Y-Yeahh?” He was looking straight at Chas even when the question was directed at me. Score for him because he wasn’t the lecherous kind and truly liked Chas.