Chapter 24

Chapter 24

“I can give you a ride to school from now on,” Blaze smiled as we walked hand in hand towards his car. “No need to bother Zack for it…okay?”

Thankfully, I was over with the weekend. Saturday, obviously had been like a dream but Sunday was a nightmare. Marylyn had made me clean her room and I am pretty sure while I was at it I had found some unidentifiable things. The dead mouse buried in the depths of her closet is just one of the sickening things I had to clean out. After I was done organizing her room Harriet cheerfully announced that I had to clean her room too. So, basically that’s I spent my wonderful Sunday.

The expression on his face made me grin. Was Blaze jealous? An amusing thing really as he had changed girlfriends the same way a girl changes clothes. I tightened the grip of my fingers on his hand. The charming, smooth talker player was getting tamed. I felt the same towards him and I was sure if he would have mentioned any of his ex flames I would have got a tad jealous.

“If you say so,” I laughed. “Is the green monster inside you waking up?”

“I’m not jealous okay,” he waved his hand dismissively. His behaviour made his feelings towards me clearer. That didn’t mean I couldn’t have a little fun with him.

“Fine, so, I will tell Zack that he will still give me ride to school.” I shrugged mischievously enjoying the look on Blaze’s pretty face. He looked fine that morning in red collared tee shirt and tight dark blue jeans; not too tight though, they were just right. Dark chocolate brown hair was falling over his face, misted with water. And he was all mine. That thought gave me a wonderful shiver that made goose bumps erupt on my arm. I had often felt incomplete before finding Blaze. I kept on going from one boyfriend to another in a hope to find someone. It was also because it gave a sense of control as at my home I had no control whatsoever.

Blaze made my heart pound in the most wonderful way and even made me forget about Marylyn. Even though he had been a heartbreaker I felt peaceful with him. He had dated hundreds of girls and dumped them mercilessly but I felt like I had to him a chance. In some ways I wasn’t any better than Blaze. I had my share of boyfriends but I had never cheated on any of them. In my opinion that was the most lowly thing a person could do while in a relationship. It’s always better to break up before the relationship sours or be in an open relationship. Blaze had done all the things I had completely hated; still, I wanted to be with him.

With him the day was much brighter and exciting. I felt like a little school girl in love. The way he looked at me made me melt like an ice lolly kept in direct sun. He was so delightfully toxic and addictive.  I felt like I was looking at the word with new eyes.

Blaze squeezed my hand and pulled me closer kissing my cheek, “Zack can only dream of what I have.”

“You guys have to swear upon the holiest of all Gods that there will be no ‘Public Display of Affection’ around me,” Chas groaned reminding us of her presence.

“That would be hard sis considering how gorgeous my girlfriend is,” Blaze said opening the car door for me.

“You opened the door for her?” Chas sputtered pointing at the car door which Blaze had just opened for me. “I recall your words when I had sprained my right hand and asked you to open the door for me you said, ‘What is your left hand for?’”

“I don’t know what you are talking about,” Blaze went red as he sat down beside me in the front seat.

“Yes you did,” Chas glared at him while sitting in the backseat.