spider?! [ b-pulse - double life ]

spider?! [ b-pulse // bdubs x impulse ]

tw: spiders ig?? it won't be that bad, just your friendly, neighborhood minecraft spider :)

_.-*_._*-._

It was a normal, relaxing, peaceful day.

And then it was not.

Let us backtrack.

Bdubs had woken up to a lovely day, with the stereotypical shining sun and chirping birds. It was so uncanny, it wasn't even funny. His morning began with untangling himself from the warm and sleepy cocoon of blankets and pillows, along with a grumbling Impulse that was burrowed in as well. Impulse, as usual, complained about Bdubs' blanket theft. 

Which, in Bdubs' defense, was entirely Impulse's fault; he was tiny enough, so surely he doesn't need that much of the blanket? His typical breakfast and scheduled cheek and forehead kiss exchange with Impulse followed suit. The entire day passed with a blur.

Now, let us hop back to the present.

The poor innocent man, Bdubs, was simply working hard on his farm. Digging up new dirt and watering the fresh crops. What did he ever do to deserve this?

Okay, maybe he shouldn't be farming in the dead of night. With barely any lit up space.

In hindsight, maybe Bdubs was a bit at fault here.

Humming to himself, he glanced up at the house, where the windows were dimly lit. A figure moved around, his brown hair tousled and messy. Bdubs whistled, catching the other's attention. Impulse grinned and waved through the window. Bdubs smiled and blew a kiss.

Deffo flirting.

Cough. Anyways.

He watched as Impulse disappeared, ducking away to clean up or something.

A hiss sounded nearby. Bdubs' heart dropped. He turned around slowly, as if that would make the situation any less real. He was met with a pair of six, glaring red eyes.

"IMPULSE!" He cried out, heart speeding up. Charged with fear and adrenaline, he burst into the house, before slamming the door shut. He pressed his back against it, hoping to barricade it somehow. Startled, Impulse was currently rushing down the stairs, eyes wide.

"What? What's going on?" he asked, breathless.

"It's a-" Bdubs swallowed hard. "There's a spider outside!"

Bdubs had fully expected to see Impulse straighten up and take charge. Maybe grab a sword and offer to kill it. Or even just comfort the other and say there was nothing to worry about. He didn't really know, just something heroic he supposed? Maybe even just grab a slipper!

Instead, Impulse slowly straightened up, as if ready to spring into action. However, with a closer inspection, Impulse's eyes were comically wide, filled with shock and... fear. 

Impulse seemed to be equally as scared of the spider as Bdubs. His words simply confirmed his thoughts. "sPIDER?! WHERE?!" he screeched, eyes darting around wildly.

"Not in here!" Bdubs said, slightly amused. "Outside!" he repeated.

Impulse blew out a breath. "Okay. Okay! So we're fine! We'll be okay."

Bdubs snorted. "What, are you scared of it?"

"Huh?! Me?! No way! You're totally scared of it though, aren't you?"

"What! I am not!"

"Are too!"

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

Throughout this argument of some sorts, Bdubs had relaxed and began walking towards the other. They both paused, falling silent. Of course, the silence didn't last too long as they both bursted into laughter. "C'mere, you big idiot," Impulse said between laughs, pulling him into a hug.

"I'm your idiot," Bdubs wiggled his eyebrows, grinning widely.

Before the other could reply, a hiss echoed from the door. Both males froze, still trapped in an embrace.

"Bdubs," Impulse said slowly.

"Yeah?"

"Did you lock the door?"

"...No..."

Something bumped against Bdubs' leg. Panicked screams and running ensued.

Two men, equally in love. Also, equally terrified of spiders.

Maybe true love does exist after all.

-._*-.-*_.-

GUYS!! B-PULSE IS LITERALLY SUCH AN UNDERRATED SHIP,, LIKE WHAT??

my heart literally belongs to them and desert duo <3

i have no idea if they have a duo name, but i love them sm /p

thanks for reading!!

WC: 598 -- a short one, sorry!! /gen