dumb horns [ various!duos - double life ]

tw(s): uh,, feeling left out/feeling bad about oneself

i promise this is mostly fluff--

duos mentioned- rancher duo, desert duo, b-pulse, and pearl bc wHY not >:)

!multiple pov changes!

╔═.✾. ════╗

DO-DO-DO-DOOOOO!

Groaning, Bdubs stuffed his head under his pillow. Sadly, the fluffy cushion did little to muffle the blaring sound in the distance. He squeezed his eyes shut, already knowing what would happen next. Soon enough, multiple horns sounded off, answering the first call.

He rolled over to face his soulmate, who was awake and equally annoyed. "Dumb horns," Bdubs muttered.

Impulse nodded, eyes still closed. However, his forehead was creased with apparent frustration. "Go tell them to shut up," he mumbled drowsily, half his words barely audible. Impulse wasn't much of a morning person.

Frowning, Bdubs burrowed beneath the covers. "Why can't you go tell them?" he argued. Even though the sound was annoying, he didn't really want to sacrifice the coziness of his bed.

"Cuz you're the man of the household," Impulse replied sleepily. His eyes cracked open to give Bdubs' a half-hearted glare and pushed him away slightly. "Now, go."

The other simply wriggled closer, pressing his body against Impulse's. "Why do I have to be the man of the household?" Bdubs whined, though he felt a warm flash of pride.

Impulse mumbled something along the lines of, "Because I said so." Except, his words were easily muffled due to him squishing his face into the crook of Bdubs' neck. Arms wrapped around Bdubs' chest, and despite his previous order, Impulse was keeping him close.

Not that Bdubs was complaining or anything.

"Maybe someone else will tell 'em to shut up," Bdubs suggested helpfully, and snuggled further into the soft covers. Relishing the drowsy warmth that emanated from his soulmate, Bdubs was content enough to ignore the blasting goat horns and try to resume his interrupted sleep.

~~~

DO-DO-DO-DOOOOOO!

Jimmy, as usual, was being pranked.

But this time, it didn't feel like a prank.

It felt like a big, mean joke.

This wasn't news to Jimmy, however. He was used to being made fun of or being ostracized. But he knew it was just a joke. That's what everyone told him, after all. Just people poking fun or having a good time.

But Jimmy wasn't having a good time.

Jimmy didn't find it funny anymore.

Soft moos caught his ear, snapping him out of his thoughts. A cow began to nudge his hand, the one full of wheat. Laughing softly, Jimmy cheered up slightly. How could he not? Having cows peer up at him with big, round eyes was adorable. Feeding the cows, his hand absentmindedly drifted down to his horn.

Maybe they decided to stop the joke, a thought occurred to him. Hesitantly, he brought the horn to his mouth, blowing a short tune. The Rancher tune (arguably the best one). They were the only two who had it. Unfortunately, that meant it was easy to pick out and ignore. He sat there, perched on the fence, waiting. Hoping. Praying.