strawberry lips [ nature wives - empires s2(ish) ]

strawberry lips [ nature wives - empires s2 ( ish ) ]

tw(s): none :D

i apologize now if this seems very ooc--

╔═.✾. ════╗

[ katherine's pov ]

Strawberry lips, honey-kissed skin. dark hair as silky as melted chocolate.

Sweetness, like no other.

Currently standing, Katherine watched as Shelby scrutinized the berry bushes, hand grazing past each bunch of berries, inspecting the fruit. Kneeling on the ground, her fingers moved gracefully, expertly plucking a few strawberries and dropping them in her basket.

Katherine placed her basket next to Shelby's, eyes glued on her. "You're so focused," she said softly as she crouched down.

Beaming, Shelby glanced over. Her huge, leafy hat was droopy by the brim. With her head lifted, her face was slightly shadowed. However, her smile lit up her face. Shelby's smile was pure light, sunshine even.

Bright, beautiful, and warming to the body and soul.

"We must get only the best and leave the rest," Shelby stated happily, before turning back to her work. The woven basket was nearly overflowing. So was Katherine's.

"Perhaps we should leave some fruit for the critters here," Katherine chided, gesturing to their two baskets.

Pausing for a moment, Shelby shot her a sheepish smile. "Oops."

Shelby's smile was terribly contagious, so Katherine didn't fight the grin that tugged at her lips. Straightening up, she got to her feet, and offered a hand to the other. With her other hand, she held her basket of fruit. Taking it gratefully, Katherine's heart skipped a beat as their hands connected. Grasped firmly with one another's, fingers entwined with each other.

Shelby's hand, Katherine decided, fit wonderfully with her's.

Neither one let go as they walked back to Shelby's cozy cottage.

A few strawberries tumbled to the ground, spotting flashes of red in the green, green grass.

.

.

What do you do while you wait for your baked goods to finish baking?

Have a food fight, of course.

Or, in this case, a flour fight.

Katherine shrieked as flour clouded her vision. Shelby's laughter was clear, bouncing happily against the kitchen walls. "Gotcha!"

"gAH!" Waving the flour away, Katherine blindly grabbed some flour from the bag, and threw it. Shelby's squeaks of panic alerted Katherine, reporting that her aim was true.

She blinked a couple of times, wanting to clear the powdery white from her eyes. Finally retrieving her vision--though it was still tinted white--Katherine watched as Shelby stumbled into the counter, eyes still closed, face pale with flour.

Shelby sneezed. Katherine believed it to be the cutest sound in the world.

Katherine believed Shelby to be the cutest person in the world.

Her cheeks flushed with her thoughts.

"Kath!" Shelby exclaimed, waving her hands around desperately. "Please help!"

Laughing softly, Katherine moved to wet a towel to wipe her own face. Once she had cleaned her face, she pulled Shelby over and leaned in close. Gently, she wiped away the flour, clearing Shelby's face from the powder. Round amber eyes blinked back as Shelby grinned.

Their faces were close. So close.

Katherine wasn't too sure which one had moved in; but she was sure one of them had moved. Foreheads pressed close together, Katherine closed her eyes, relaxing. Shelby's soft breaths huffed against her face.

Katherine's arms snaked around Shelby's torso, carefully lifting the shorter onto the counter. Now, at level-ish height, the two locked eyes. The hunter moved in closer, lips nearly brushing against the other's. "Is this okay?" she asked softly.

Shelby responded with an almost imperceptible nod.

Their lips connected, the world blooming into bursts of sugary, sweet love. It was gentle, careful, as if they didn't want to scare each other off. Faces molded against each other's eyes sliding shut with warm pleasure. Their hearts were thumping loudly, perhaps even in tandem.

It took a while before they broke apart. "You taste like strawberries, darling," Katherine breathed out.

The shorter one smiled with slight embarrassment. "I may have snacked on a few..."

"You little berry bandit!" Katherine exclaimed. "You better have left some for our tarts."

Shelby gasped at the nickname, though her sparkling eyes betrayed her mock hurt. "Call me a bandit one more time," she threatened, without much venom.

Katherine pretended to hesitate. "Well, you are a bandit," she said, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "As you not only stole some berries, but my heart as well!" she finished with a dramatic swoon.

Laughing, Shelby puffed out her chest. "Yes! My plan worked," she joked lightly.

"You are too good," the hunter agreed softly. She wrapped her arms around the other, and scooped her up, before twirling her around. Shelby shrieked with panic, bundling her body closer and curling up in Katherine's grip. Kath couldn't help but laugh at her reaction. "How are you so adorable?"

"Pure talent and skill," Shelby replied, words muffled as she buried her face into the crook between Katherine's neck and shoulder. Her warm breath tickled Katherine, causing her to squirm slightly. She could practically hear Shelby's cheeky smile. "Oooh, is the mighty warrior princess... ticklish?!"

"No!" Kath quickly responded, a heartbeat too late. For Shelby had already begun resting her chin on her shoulder, causing Katherine to flinch away. Electric bursts sparked from the contact, resulting in a tickling sensation. "Shelby!"

Shelby laughed. Katherine snorted. "What if I were to just..." she moved one of her arms, "drop you?" she whispered the last two words into the other's ear, causing her to squeak.

"Nooo!" It was Shelby's turn to cry out. "Don't you dare!" Her legs swiftly wrapped around Katherine, securing her grip.

Grinning at her reaction, Katherine held her close again. "I wouldn't," she conceded softly. Still holding on, Katherine managed to hop onto the countertop again, now seated comfortably, with Shelby clinging to her. "This is comfy," she commented warmly.

Shelby nodded. "Very," she agreed with satisfaction. Snuggling together, the two sat like that, arms entangled around each other. Sharing soft huffs of breath, faces quite close. They shared the same gaze, their eyes glittering with desire.

There was no need for a question this time, as Shelby's lips met with Katherine's.

It was fitting for her berry bandit to taste like strawberries.

It was very fitting for her berry bandit to sneakily grab a few strawberries from the basket, even after a few swatted attempts from Kath.

Katherine found she didn't really mind. Didn't mind that her strawberries and heart now belonged to the same person.

Belonged to her little berry bandit.

╚════.✾. ═╝

i aspire to just have someone to bake and dance with in the kitchen <3

i don't know much about nature wives, but i do know that they are adorable together !!

anyways,, i hope you liked this lil fluffy story :D

WC: 1039