arms tonite [ scar-centered - third life ]

arms tonite [ scar-centered ]

tw: blood, death, fighting/violence

angsty angst >:)

!lowercase intended [mainly bc i'm way too lazy to fix it]!

song by mother mother [ i take no credit!! ]

_.-.*_*.-._

scar wanted to apologize.

he had to apologize. for everything, anything, and nothing. he wanted to apologize for all the scams he ran, for failing at triggering the traps, for dragging grian along in all of this nonsense. most of all, for hurting grian.

so he did.

"i'm sorry," he cried out as he threw another punch. it was hard to see through all of the tears.

and grian stumbled before standing up. "i'm sorry," grian whispered, taking another fighting stance. the avian shoved scar, causing the other to fall.

it wasn't supposed to kill him.

it was only a short drop, barely a slope.

but sometimes, fate has its ways.

scar's entire world shattered and glued itself together in one moment.

the sound was horrendous. his skull cracking against the hidden, jagged rocks.

and scar was falling.

I fell in your arms tonight

I fell hard in your arms tonight, it was nice

falling right into grian's arms.

grian was crying.

scar wanted to apologize for that. he never wanted to hurt grian, to make him cry. he loved him. you don't want your loved ones to cry, right?

"i'm sorry," grian choked out, cradling him carefully. "scar, i don't want you to die."

scar wanted to apologize, but couldn't. he settled for a soft smile that probably looked like a grimace. it was hard to focus with all the ringing and buzzing in his head. he felt something wet in his hair. he assumed it was blood. please don't be sorry, scar wanted to say as he drifted off. please don't be sad because of me.

scar wished he could've said that.

but of course, not all wishes come true.

grian's name was resting just above his lips when he slipped into darkness. just a whisper away, now an entire universe away.

I died in your arms tonight

I slipped through into the afterlife, it was nice

and then scar was forced to watch.

and he hated every second of it.

he didn't want to see what would happen to grian. he didn't want to see his beloved in pain anymore. but he was forced to watch every single moment.

grian was still curled up over scar's body, now limp. the avian's shoulders were shaking, his brightly colored wings slumped over. he was currently yelling scar's name out. scar could feel his heart beginning to crack.

leaking pure. pain. dark, red blood. just like his fractured skull and bleeding mind that laid in grian's arms. any words that grian was trying to form were easily drowned out by his own sobs and tears.

scar could feel his face growing wet, his own eyes watering as he watched.

if they combined their tears, perhaps they could drown the entire desert together.

*I cry in the afterlife

I cry hard because I have died, and you're alive

"i'm sorry, grian," scar whispered, floating down to hover behind the grieving male. grian took no notice and cried even harder. he was grasping scar's bleeding head with one hand, the other clasping scar's limp hand.

"scar, i'm so sorry," grian wailed out loud. "don't leave me, please."

but it was too late.

grian's laugh was awfully contagious, in all the right ways. and it turns out, so was his crying, in all the wrong ways. scar began to weep alongside his lover.

I try to escape afterlife

I try hard to get back inside your arms alive

scar didn't want to be dead.

yes, he didn't want to live in that crooked world anymore, but he didn't mind living if it was with grian.

he wanted to live, to be with grian. to be loved by grian.

sorry, sorry, sorry. so many unspoken apologies that weighed them down. and scar reached out for grian, his transparent fingers going straight through him.

there, yet not there.

so close, yet so far.

*That I fell hard in your arms

I went and died in your arms that night

-._.*_*._.-

*these are when i skipped a couple of lyrics, mainly because i couldn't think of anything to write-

honestly, this one was pretty much written on the spot PHAHA

this ending is so bad what ;-;

ty for reading!!

WC: 660