wakey wakey [ b-pulse - double life ]

tw: nothing haha :D

!lowercase intended [ bc i was too lazy to edit it again,, ooops ]!

_.-.*_*.-._

[ bdub's pov :) ]

bdubs was a morning person.

and his soulmate, impulse, wasn't.

and honestly, bdubs didn't mind.

it made for some funny and entertaining mornings.

rolling over, bdubs snuggled closer to impulse, who was currently still asleep. however, to much avail, bdubs could not return back to his slumber. since his eyes had spotted the sunlight beginning to creep through the windows, his body was thrown into full wakefulness. he blinked a few times, before sighing. another morning, another day.

he caught a glimpse of impulse's peaceful face and smiled. another day with my soulmate, he added silently.

scooching closer, he placed his lips near the other's ears, not quite touching. "pssst," bdubs whispered, a cheeky grin across his mouth.

"mmm," impulse replied, humming a response. his hand went up and landed squarely on bdubs' face, effectively swatting him away.

after swiftly recovering from the critical hit, bdubs sang out, "it's morning time!" impulse's face crinkled with annoyance, his eyebrows furrowing together. the other male cracked open one eyes to glare at bdubs, before returning to sleep. however, bdubs would not allow that. not in this household. no way, josè.

"impulseee," bdubs whined, sitting up. "it's time to wake up!"

"five more minutes," impulse mumbled tiredly, tugging the blankets over his head.

bdubs huffed. "but i'm awake! so you have to wake up too!" he reached over to gently shove the other's shoulder. as he expected, impulse grumbled something incoherent and burrowed deeper.

sighing, bdubs remained seated, currently scheming a method to successfully wake his lover up. a frown tugging at the corners of his mouth, he thought for a moment, before coming up with an idea. it was honestly genius and foolproof.

so, carefully, bdubs got off the bed, hearing a slight sigh of relief from the sleeping male. quietly and carefully, bdubs tiptoed over to impulse's side of the bed. and he jumped with all his strength, landing right on top of impulse. "wakey wakey!" bdubs shouted, essentially tackling the other.

"wHAA-" taken aback by surprise, impulse squirmed underneath him. "bdubs! it's too early for this!"

bdubs hugged impulse close, practically smothering him. he pouted. "what do you mean?! it's never too early for cuddles!"

impulse sighed, the sound muffled. "i- you know that's not what i meant." bdubs could hear his smile. "and if you just wanted a cuddle, you didn't have to try and suffocate me! c'mere, you clingy man-child."

bdubs rolled over, feeling impulse pull him close. snuggled close, he burrowed into the covers, savoring the sleepy warmth that emanated from the other. a satisfied smile flickered across his lips. with impulse's arms tightly wrapped around him, bdubs was pretty much settled to stay here all day.

the soft blankets surrounded him as he bundled himself closer. the two stayed there for a few moments, the house now quiet and still. impulse's breathing had slowed down once more, indicating that he'd drifted off.

then bdubs remembered his mission.

"impulse," he whispered quietly.

the mentioned male hummed something in response.

bdubs decided to keep whispering, basically for humorous purposes. "this isn't fair."

"why not?"

"i was supposed to wake you up, not go back to sleep!"

impulse laughed, making bdubs grin happily. after a bit, impulse sighed. "too bad," he responded between laughs. "because you're not going anywhere." his grip tightened around bdubs, only further proving his point.

bdubs huffed, pretending to be upset. but how could he possibly be upset? here he was, trapped in his soulmate's embrace, snuggled close underneath the cozy covers, their hearts beginning to beat in tandem. it was truly everything.

so, he decided to give up on his mission, and surrender to just five more minutes of comfort.

-._.*_*._.-

snuggly babies <3 /p

i realize how addicted i am to sleepy and soft stories with my otps,, pfft

am i the only one who wakes people up by tackling them? i dunno, but it's really fun haha

ty for reading <3

WC: 623