cold [ scott - empires s1 ]

cold [ scott - empires s1/slight double life ]

tw(s): panic attack, anxiety,

mentions of death/torture [ just pearl being a salty soulmate /hj ], flashbacks w/ptsd

wOAH not a life series oneshot?!? shocker :0

i swear i try to have a variety of smps here /gen

_.-.*_*.-._

[ scott's pov ]

The ground trembled as another ice spike pierced through the floor.

Scott barely noticed it above the din of his rushed thoughts. The wooden flooring beneath him creaked as he paced back and forth, his anxiety only rising. His hands flew up to his hair, clutching it tightly.

An ice spike, that seemingly appeared from nowhere, tripped him. Falling to the ground with a thud, he groaned as he tried propping his body up. Ice formed from where he touched the floor, creating a small ice patch. With a panicked yelp, Scott scrambled back up to his feet.

"Stop it!" he yelled at no one in particular. Another ice spike grew, the tip barely grazing the ceiling. He clenched his fists.

"Stop causing such a mess," he growled at himself. His hands trembled slightly and he backed away from the room. His fear only seemed to feed his ice power. What was he doing wrong?

"I don't want this," he mumbled, eyes beginning to sting with tears. A strange icy breeze swept by, causing him to shiver. "I never asked for this." He was ruining his castle, his home. He stumbled outside, desperately sucking in fresh air. He needed to clear his mind.

As he rushed outside, his eyes widened. His entire kingdom was covered in snow. A few flurries fell from the sky, landing on his arms. Each one kissed his skin with icy stings. What have I done? He took a few steps back, before slipping on an ice patch. He landed in a pile of snow.

The fierceness of the cold sting spooked him, sending him to flee into the dark parts of his mind.

The familiarity of the shivering and biting cold was, in fact, too familiar for comfort.

A flash of red eyes and a scarlet cloak flickered in the corner of his mind.

Scott felt the cold pierce his entire being, practically freezing his heart. Dark spots flitted across his vision as he froze in place. one hand clutched his chest.

He groaned, burying his face into his hands. With a continuous onslaught of pure, freezing pain, he patiently waited for Pearl to stop.

She didn't.

Scott slightly tensed up. Surely, that was enough, right?

Wrong.

He began to feel light-headed, the room slightly spinning. He registered everything numbly, which was ironic, since all he could feel was cold. The room began to fade into a blur. a strange buzzing filled his senses.

It was so cold.

The feeling of death itself flickered in his vision, calling him, taunting him. Goading him to fall a little further, to succumb into the darkness. Scott, it shouted gleefully. SCOTT.

Scott knew, with certainty, that this was it. He was going to die.

And somewhere in the distance, the Scarlet Witch breathlessly laughed with sadistic joy.

Scott gasped for air, his lungs aching. His face was freezing, and his hand moved up to wipe away the tears. When had he started crying? Cold, it was so cold. He needed it to stop. When would it ever stop?

Stumbling to his feet, he felt his hands beginning to tremble. The biting cold nipped at his heels, icy claws threatening to drag him under. Please, he begged no one in particular. I don't want this. This isn't my fault.

Or was it?

Was it his fault, for being responsible for Xornoth? For being related to such a dangerous entity? For bringing Xornorth's wrath onto his precious server?

Was it his fault for abandoning Pearl? Was it his own mistake that brought on icy cold torture on himself?

Why was it always his fault?

Why can't his thoughts ever leave him alone?

"Enough!" he shouted, covering his ears tightly. Just shut up. "Shut up!" he cried out loud.

He felt his feet begin to slide. Opening his eyes, he gasped with horror.

It started with the ground. Cool blue ice began to spread from where he stood, the ice inching forward, towards his kingdom. Nearby buildings were consumed by the ice. The green grass faded into a mysterious shade of blue, preserving the warm, bright colors.

The ice was uncontrollable.

He was uncontrollable.

So Scott did the only thing he could think of.

He ran.

He wanted help. He needed help. Maybe one of his friends could help. Gem. Gem was a wizard, she knew how to control magic, right? It was a start, perhaps. What if he hurt her? He didn't want to hurt anyone, but he wanted this to stop.

Was it selfish of him? He didn't know.

Uneven breaths huffed from his mouth as he ran blindly.

Icy footprints were left in his wake as Scott fled from his ice-ridden kingdom.

-._.*_*._.-

ew, an abrupt ending? im very sorry about this terrible ending pfft /gen

anywho, i thought it was an interesting connection with scott's ice powers and his quite icy torture in double life, even though i know empires smp came before double life but wHAtever--

hope you liked this one!! thank you for reading :D

WC: 784 [ a short one, my apologies!! ]