Fifty One: Curiosity [3]

"You've been disappearing every morning, where in the world are you even going early in the morning?"

Aella who was outside of Class A's room was with Agapius. She had been wondering since last week, what this deity had been up to. It didn't seem like Shiki was the only one who keeps on disappearing in a fixed time.

"Somewhere an intruder doesn't need to know." He bluntly answered.

Aella only rolled her eyes at him, well she's practically is an intruder here—  but she had gotten a permission so also not.

The reason unto why they were outside was because, Clyde doesn't particularly like them inside, they're taking all of the class' attention which is why they were said to stay out of the room in his lectures— actually in every lecture.

"By the way, it's been what? Two weeks?—since Luna received the task on finding a traitor. There's no progress still, shouldn't you do something about it?" Asked Aella concerned of how long the tasked has been given.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that." Agapius intoned.

Aella's eye twitch upon hearing Agapius's remark. What an incompetent deity, not only has he been neglecting his host but also his job, talk about being responsible. Aella scoff at the sarcastic thought, she had the right to be mad at this deity, she had been babysitting his host when he's gone out there on who knows where.

"Are you really taking this seriously, your focus is flying elsewhere. You should be grateful Dizian hadn't made up his mind and bail out on you." How many times had Aella pursued Dizian to leave this world, she couldn't even count it anymore.

It wasn't like Dizian was determined, she had been observing him that, he keeps on distancing himself when he always felt like he's beginning to get close to the others. As if he doesn't want any attachments.

'If he keep that up, he'll never get to leave this game...' She worriedly thought, sighing.

Meanwhile, inside the classroom. Clyde's voice was resonating in the silent room as he gave the lectures. Students was scared to even utter a word and was being conscious of every noises they make.

But on the other hand, Rinalyn poke Luna with the back of her pen trying to get her attention. "Hey Luna," she whispered "can we talk later at the dorm? I have some favor to ask."

Luna who discreetly look behind her just nodded in affirmation.

"Is there something you wish to say to the class Ms. Valencia?" Clyde suddenly said, making everyone to look at Rinalyn who was now sitting and smiling stiffly.

"N..no sir." She remarked.

"Guess so, anyway moving on, since it's already time, I want you to translate this transcript by  tomorrow." Clyde started handing papers in each row as students get one and pass it at their back. "That'll serve as your activity, that is all, bye."

"Thank—" just when they're about to give their class bid, Clyde immediately went out of the class without hearing them out.

"Well, this class bid literally did just got created 2 days ago, or he just really want out of this room instantly." Enoch commented leaning on his seat, "is this really necessary?"

"Every other room has a class hello and bid, we're the only one who doesn't have one." Said Elmira who was sitting next to Enoch.

"Oh, next is a vacant." Said a male student that was in front near the board where the class schedule was pasted on.

With what the other student had said, each everyone started to go out. It was a one hour and a half long vacant.

On the other hand, Luna and the others stayed inside of their class.

Luna felt a light pat on her back as she was just about to stood up. She turn her head to see Rinalyn signing her to go out. She nodded with bewilderment.

Remus who saw the two girls went out raised a brow. Curious on what's up. He scan the room as his gaze fell on Daryll, Rei, Hikari and Elmira, talking and laughing. He glance back and forth to look for Arlo, but as expected, he wasn't there.

Remus glance to his front to see the back of Shiki's head. He leaned right to see what this guy was up to, and just to see him fiddling with his phone.

Haaa....

Remus sighed "This is sooooo boriiing..." He groaned, slumping his face on his cold desk.

Meanwhile outside, Rinalyn and Luna was discussing something. Luna was in a state of  Bewilderment and stupefaction. She couldn't grasp what Rinalyn was trying to say.

"Wait, wait, wait, I don't follow..." Luna exclaimed stopping Rinalyn. "What do you mean that there's a traitor among us? And you found out who?"

'She knew it before you do. This is why you should've done an investigation sooner, now look, so much for being the heroine, huh?' Aella was sarcastically scolding Luna, Agapius was only nodding in agreement.

'Oh don't you nod there Agapius, you incompetent bastard.' Luna said mentally eye rolling Agapius.

'Hey, language.' Agapius replied.

Luna shrug it off and continued to converse with Rinalyn. "So, you know who it is then?" She asked.

"I still don't have enough proof, so I can't just carelessly say this to anyone. But I thought you'll understand," Rinalyn shrug as she continued as she took in a deep breath, "it's—"

The door behind them opened interrupting them. Luna and Rinalyn both turn their heads at their back to see Shiki standing there waiting for them to move away. The two eventually scooted over.

Luna flinch as to when Shiki glance upon at her "Can I talk to you?" He suddenly said.

"...o-oh, sure in a minute." She lately reply looking back and forth to Rinalyn and Shiki.

Shiki glance to Rinalyn as the maiden flinch and look away, he soon return his gaze to Luna "I see, alright, I'll be outside then." He said as he walked away from the two.

When they confirmed that Shiki was faraway, Luna asked Rinalyn "Um, shall we continue?" She said waiting for a nod from Rinalyn.

But Rinalyn shook her head and just smiled at Luna "No, I'll tell you next time. You should go." She signed for Luna to follow Shiki, bobbing her head.

Despite being confused and concerned, Luna didn't question Rinalyn any further and immediately followed Shiki outside.

While walking out, Luna couldn't help but have a thought.

'Is there anyway for those two reconcile? It's beginning to be awkward when they cross paths...'