[10] Rival Packs

[10] Chapter Ten

Rival Packs

Scott had dragged all of them into coach's office, wanting to have a very urgent conversation about Lydia. Clara could think of no reasonable reason to why Lydia wasn't affected by the Kanima's venom. A part of her was in denial about her being the murderous lizard but another part said that it only made sense since she wasn't affected.

"Derek's outside waiting for Lydia." Scott announced, sighing in distress.

Allison rose her eyebrows, "Waiting to kill her?"

"If he thinks she's the Kanima, then yes, especially after what happened at the pool." Scott answered while everyone groaned quietly.

"It's not her." Stiles determined, shaking his head in doubt.

"Stiles, she didn't pass the test, man." Scott's voice was gentle, like he was trying as carefully as possible to tell Stiles, "Nothing happened."

"It can't be her." Clara said before even realizing it. While she didn't fully believe that, she said just for Stiles to gain a bit more hope.

"It doesn't matter, because Derek thinks it's her. So either we can convince him that he's wrong, or we've got to figure out a way to protect her." Allison brainstormed, just as stressed as everyone else.

Clara crossed her arms, biting her lip, "He won't do anything here at school. Too many people and too much attention."

"What about after school." Allison questioned. After the few seconds of silence, she huffed in defeat and scratched the back of her neck, "What if we can prove that Derek's wrong?"

Stiles rose his eyebrows, "By 3 O' clock?"

"There could be something in the bestiary." The hunter suggested.

"Oh, you mean the 900 - page book written in archaic Latin that none of us can read? Good luck with that." Stiles angrily and sarcastically snapped. Clara understood the immense stress he was under considering this was Lydia's safety we were talking about.

Scott rubbed his forehead and let out a deep sigh, "Clara and I can talk to Derek, maybe convince him to give us a chance to prove that it's not her. But if anything happens, you guys let me and Clara handle it, okay?"

"Actually, I think I know someone who might be able to translate it."

His girlfriend's face scrunched up in confusion, "What does that mean?"

"You guys can't heal like Clara and I can." Scott exclaimed while Clara nodded in agreement. The last thing she wanted was for Allison and Stiles to get hurt but she wasn't going to admit it in public.

"I just don't want you getting hurt!"

Allison gave him a look before going into her duffel bag and holding up her crossbow. Honestly, Clara had no idea why Allison even considered bringing that at school but it's times like these where you may need a hunter's weapon, "I can protect myself."

If there was one thing true about Allison was that she was strong or at least trying to be. Clara knew that Allison was trying to be brave and fearless but there was no way she could go up against Derek and his pack alone. "What? Did something else happen?"

"I just don't want you getting hurt." Scott said sternly, his sad puppy dog eyes on Allison. Clara shut her eyes tightly, trying to control her annoyance. Yes, Allison and Scott were hopelessly in love, she understand that and was fine with it but now was not the time for their little romantic Notebook moment especially since their friend was in danger and a blood-lusting pack was literally outside and inside the school. "Seriously, if anything goes wrong, you call me, okay? I - I don't care if your dad finds out. Call, text, scream, yell, whatever. I'll hear you and I'll find you as fast as I can."