[24] Farewell

[24] Chapter Twenty-Four

Farewell 

⅑ ⅑ ⅑ ⅑ ⅑

After Clara left the Stilinski household and drove back to her house, literally as Clara was just about to enter her house, Stiles' jeep drove up in the driveway with Lydia in the front. They were urgently in a rush so Clara didn't question anything and just hoped in.

During the ride to the abandoned warehouse not to far from the hospital, Stiles informed here on the information that he had received. Apparently, Jackson wasn't dead but was changing, evolving, into something bigger and more powerful. Like changing into a different form of its creature. Clara hadn't heard anything like that before but believed it.

That's where Lydia fits into the puzzle. The only way for the Kanima to be stopped, and saved, was for Jackson to be brought back. That would be caused by the only person Jackson ever truly loved with his whole heart, Lydia. It made sense is a way, sort of like the beast being changed back by having love to reserve to the curse.

Love seems to solve everything doesn't it.

Once Stiles' jeep came into view, Stiles gripped onto the steering wheel while nervously glancing at Clara, who sat in the passenger's seat, and Lydia, who sat quietly in the back. "There's no entrance into the warehouse."

"Then drive through the wall." Clara said on impulse, realizing that Stiles had no time to circle around the entire building and find a way to get in.

Stiles looked at her, bewildered. "What! I can't-"

"Stiles!" Clara yelled, watching as the warehouse was coming into a ten foot distance. 

Knowing that this was the only way, Stiles inhaled a long breath and pushed full throttled on the gas pedal. The blue jeep rammed into the wall, busting the thin wood apart, and drove straight to the middle. The two girls let out a yelp as the car swerved slightly and hit something large, the car vibrating from the loud bang.

Clara let out a huff of air, slowly looking over at Stiles to see that he had his eyes tightly closed. Once the car stopped, he opened one eye, "Did I hit him?"

She didn't have time to respond; the Kanima, fully recovered from the powerful hit, jumped onto the hood of the car and loudly hissed. The three teenagers all let out a scream, a loud screech coming out of Stiles' mouth. They quickly scurried out of the car but Lydia, instead of joining the rest of them, ran up to the Kanima. "Jackson!"

"Lydia!" Stiles yelled, about to run to her but Scott restrained him. The Kanima stood in front of the strawberry blonde, his clawed hand rising up like it was about to slash. But Lydia remained calm, small tears poking out of her eyes as she held up a small key.

Their key.

The Kanima cocked his head to the side, examining the key with curiosity. Almost like a flashback was running through its head. Seconds later, the Kanima slowly started to disappear, showing the half-human Jackson who's eyes turned back to his normal blue ones. Although half of his face still showed lizard-like scales and his hands still had claws, Jackson was more than enough human to carefully pick up the key and look back at his ex-girlfriend with wide eyes.

Everyone watched in silence, praying inside their heads that this was the last straw to this Kanima. Jackson grasped the key tightly in his hand, backing away from Lydia. He held up his hands slightly, knowing that this was the way it had to be, and nodded in permission.

Within a blink of an eye, Derek and Peter were impaling their claws into Jackson, his stomach and his back. Clara whipped her head away, tears dripping down her cheeks as her heart stung in pain. It was little too late to say goodbye.