[18] What Lies Beneath

[18] Chapter Eighteen

What Lies Beneath

⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡

Clara wanted to leave this God for saken' party and it's only been ten minutes.

Everyone was dancing, laughing, making out, having a good time which Clara had so desperately wanted. But all her mind could think of was the argument with Tate and to one she would most likely have once she returned home. So she sat by her lonesome self on a wooden bench near the pool, watching the blue water shimmer.

"What's wrong with you?"

Her head snapped around to see Lydia standing in front of her, holding a tray of pink drinks. "Excuse me?"

Lydia huffed. "I asked what was the matter with you? All you've done is slum her and watch the water, which by the way isn't even moving."

"I don't know, Lydia. I just have a lot on my mind." She shrugged.

"Like your breakup?"

Clara looked up. "What - wait, how did you-"

"Allison informed me a while ago that you and your secretive boyfriend broke up because he cheated. Is that the reason you're being a Debby Downer." Lydia theorized, cocking her head to the side.

"Lydia-"

"If I was you, I would take this opportunity to go get drunk, make out with some random guy, and do it all over again. This is a party which means you're here to have a good time." Lydia smiled at her but it was that kind of smile that made you intensively double guess her.

But Clara ignored that feeling, washing away any thoughts about Tate. She stood up and smiled. "You know what Lydia, you're right. I should be having a good time."

"Good thing you see it my way." Lydia shrugged her shoulder innocently before handing the werewolf a small cup of that pink drink. As Lydia walked away, Clara stared at the drink curiously before taking a small sip. It tasted of lemonade but with a small sweetness to it that made it delicious yet also burn down her throat.

Which is why she had a few more glasses.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡

Stiles walked along side Scott around the patio. They had tried to find Clara but couldn't seeing as she was nowhere to be found at the moment. Both teenagers had taken their fair share of drinks from that pink stuff Lydia kept insisting they drink. It was almost addicting like alcohol yet sweeter.

He glanced at his friend, noticing how sweat was dripping down his forehead and was craning his head to the side. "You okay?"

"It's not the moon, it's different." Scott muttered to him, continuing to walk. But Stiles didn't follow him once he heard a familiar voice.

"Why am I wearing black? What are you, an idiot? I just came from a funeral. You know, people wear black at funerals." There was his far, in front of the punch bowl, arguing with some kid. He wore an all black suit, the very same suit he wore at his wife's funeral, with a bottle of whiskey loosely in his hand.

The random teenager put his hands up in defense. "Dude, chill! It was just a -"

"Get out of my face!" His father said, pushing the boy away while stumbling slightly, the golden liquid swirling around in the glass. Suddenly, the music shut off and everyone's attention was on Stiles and his drunk father.