IX

Cookie

"Ouch Cookie" Kelvin winced as I cleaned his face with an alcohol wipe

"Ouch Cookie" Kelvin winced as I cleaned his face with an alcohol wipe. I've tried to warn him plenty of times since we've gotten together, that Lucious is nothing to play with. Especially about his kids. But I can't say that I didn't know that this day would come. These two have had it out for each other for years.

"Here do it yourself then." I said dropping the wipes and bandaids into his lap. We had been at it for hours now. I couldn't believe how he had been acting. He and I have been having our issues, but I didn't think he'd ever direct that towards any of the kids.

"What's your problem? Your crazy ass Ex just came
in here and attacked me." He exclaimed while holding his head, where he had a cut.

"Be glad I pulled him off you. I should've let him keep going for the mark you put on my child. And for her camera you broke. YOU did all that. Not Lu" I said truthfully. Kel was in the wrong on this one, and I wasn't going to let it slide.

"It's always Lu this and Lu that. I see the way y'all look at each other Cookie. You smile is so bright when he's around. Then the two of you always dipping off at parties." He said raising his voice.

"Lucious isn't the problem here. Your insecurities are Kelvin. That's what's hurting us." I said. His insecurities weren't helping us, only hurting us.

"Here you go defending that nigga." Kelvin Chuckled making me raise an eyebrow.

"I'm not defending him. I'm telling the truth and you don't want to hear it." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Whatever."

"My daughter has a bruise on her back. I don't even put bruises on my kids neither does He. You shouldn't even be touching her OR  her shit. I don't touch Jess do I?. Like I said you're lucky I stopped him. He would've killed you." I said.

"He shouldn't have shit to say about what go on in our house. You give him the power to feel like that. Then you quick to defend him." Kel said.

"His kids live here Kelvin! I can't keep the man from being involved with his kids." I said annoyed. What isn't clicking for him? "I couldn't keep Lucious away from his kids if i begged him to. And I won't keep my kids from their dad!"

"Sound like some bullshit to me." Kelvin said snapping me out my thoughts.

"If you don't like it then leave." I said folding my arms across my chest. This wasn't normal but i'm fed up at this point. Kelvin wasn't even trying to be understanding or come to any sort of common ground.

He laughed as he held the cut on his head. "That's what you want? Fine." He said as he tried to stand up. "I'll leave."

"You're the one who doesn't like the fact that my ex husband and I, Coparent and that I keep him in the loop about his kids." I said rolling my eyes. "So get out."