XII

Cookie

I watched as Kelvin walked back and forth from the bedroom to the front door, Gathering all his belongings

I watched as Kelvin walked back and forth from the bedroom to the front door, Gathering all his belongings. I sipped my glass of cold red wine and swirled it around in the glass, as I sat at the dining room table. It seems like my whole life has came unraveled within a few weeks.

"This is the last of it" Jess said placing her last box at the bottom of the stairs. She walked over to me, and I embraced her in a warm, long hug,

"You can come whenever you like. My door is always open for you, this is your home too! That's still your room!" I assured her, placing a kiss at the top of her head.

"Can I still call you?" She asked as she held on a little while longer.

"Of course. You can call me, text me, or facetime okay?" I said running my fingers through her hair.

Kelvin clearing his throat made us pull apart. He stood at the entrance of the dining room with his arms folded. "The car is packed. Lets go Jessika." He said. I kissed jess' forehead one more time before she walked outside, leaving Kelvin and I alone.

"Is this the end? Of Us?" He asked looking at me from across the room. This was the first thing he had said to me all day.

"I don't know Kelvin. Lines were crossed, Lyric isn't comfortable staying here while you're here, and Lucious doesn't either. My kids come first, and until you realize that, I need time."

I honestly didn't know. I love Kelvin but I don't want to put myself through all the fights and pointless arguing. He dropped his head and nodded. "Alright."

Without saying anything else, he walked out the front door shutting it behind him. Being sure to leave his copy of the key right by the front door. I gulped down the rest of my wine and placed my glass in the kitchen sink.

I sent Lucious a text, telling him to bring Lyric home now that Kelvin was gone. Before grabbing some case files that I need to get catch up on. My body felt weightless as I walked to my home office. That wine had me feeling like I was walking on a cloud.

I played my R&B Music through my Bluetooth speaker, as I finished up my last few case files. my head started to feel heavy and I felt my eyes get lower and lower. I giggled knowing that wine had fully hit my system. I tired my best to stay awake but I couldn't.

~

Two Hours later

"Mmmh" I groaned as my eyes fluttered open. I sat up as my eyes adjusted to the light from the TV. I looked over at the digital clock next to my bed, and saw the time 7:54pm on my clock.

"Damn" I mumbled to myself while scratching my head. Last time I was up it was noon. That wine knocked me clean out. I got up out my bed making my way to the bathroom to shower and freshen up. I turned the shower on, and untied my robe letting it fall to the floor. I hopped in the shower and just stood there for a while, letting the hot water run down my body. After washing my body, and hair, I hopped out the shower and put on some lounge clothes so I could go start dinner.