VII

"Is this about last night? What we argued about before bed?" Cookie questioned her boyfriend as they stood on opposite sides of the bedroom. Pissed wasn't the word to describe how Cookie was feeling, there weren't any words.

"I-I told you Cookie. I'm tired of her disrespecting you and me." Kelvin slurred raising his voice. Cookie wasn't understanding his point of view and it was making him mad.

"It doesn't matter! I know how to control and discipline my kids! You know how much that-" Their bedroom door opened making her stop mid sentence. Both Cookie and Kelvin were shocked to see Lu walking through.

"Lucious what are you doing here?" Cookie asked, but Lucious never took his eyes off Kel.

"You good Cooks?" He asked his ex wife ignoring her question.

"Yes."

"Why are you here? How you get in our house?" Kelvin questioned as he stood up straight.

"Stop talking." Lucious said as he pulled his pistol out from him jeans and cocked it back, pointing straight at Kelvin.

—————

Slowly Cookie walked in front of Lucious putting herself between Kelvin and the gun that was aimed. Yes, she was upset with Kel right now and wanted to kick his ass but she didn't want anything to happen to him. On the other hand Cookie knew her ex husband, and knows that he won't hesitate to do whatever he's feeling.

"Move Cookie." Lucious said under his breath not once taking his eyes off Kelvin who chuckled and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Dwight...Put the gun away." Cookie pleaded, really and truly she didn't want any blood splattered on her white curtains or white walls. But when Lucious is pissed there's negotiating with him.

"He doesn't have to put it away, he won't shoot shit." Kelvin laughed.

"You right. I don't have shoot cause I don't need to." Lucious said tossing his gun on the floor before gently pushing Cookie out the way to walk to the other side of the bed. No words could escape Cooks mouth as she watched Lu punch Kelvin square in the jaw, earning a punch from Kelvin in return. A full on brawl broke out as the two tussled on the ground.

"STOP! LUCIOUS GET OFF HIM!!" Cookie screamed running over trying to grab Lucious by his shirt to pull him off of Kelvin.

Lu hated that he got out of character, but he couldn't stop throwing blows to Kelvins face and head over and over. He completely ignored Cookie as he stood up and sent a few kicks to his ribs. It literally took all of the strength Cookie had and then some to pull Lucious away.

"HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?" She yelled at him as she kneeled down and rushed to Kelvin's side. Lucious rolled his eyes at Cookie before smacking his lips. "Mane ion wanna hear none of that shit, you seen my daughters back?"

He watched as Cookie wiped the blood off the corner of Kel's mouth. "Lucious just go, we can talk later. He's drunk and obviously has no navigation of what he's saying or doing." The last thing she needed was for these two to go at it again so she was trying her best to get them out of each others space.

"So you defending this nigga? Really Cook?"

"No!" Cookie quickly fired back. "Please just go Lu."

"I'm taking Lyric with me."

Without putting up an argument Cookie nodded her head in agreeance. She needed to see if Kelvin was okay, he was awake but he wasn't responding which scared her a little. Seeing Lu get angry like that was something she hadn't seen in years, back when they was kids rather.

Lucious made his way out the master bedroom and hiked up the stairs to fetch Lyric but stopped in his tracks when his cell phone rang. He groaned internally when he saw 'Richmond middle school' was calling his phone. It had to be Caiden who got in trouble, he was for sure the trouble maker out of the set of twins. Always trying to be the class clown and show his ass in front of everybody.

"Tuts." He called out.

"Yes?" Lyric answered peeping her head out of her room.

"Get dressed, you coming with me."

"Where's mama? What happened I heard her yelling...is she okay?"

"She's fine, but come on we got sum to do." Lucious said quickly as he answered the call before it dropped. "Hello?"

"Good morning Mr. Lyon how are you?" A woman said from the other side of the line.

"I'm fine. Can I help you?"

"I'm sorry I have to call you under these circumstances, but I have.."

"I'll be there in fifteen minutes." He said hanging up the phone before she could finish. He knew the drill so this wasn't nothing new. The shower cut on from inside Lyrics room making him frown. "Aye, you can shower at my house, come on."

"But my ha-" Lyric whined.

"I'll be outside, lets go." He said before heading down the stairs to go outside and wait in his truck for his oldest child. On the way out he ended up bumping into cookie on the way to the door.

"Where you going?"

"To get an Ice pack, I think he might have a concussion."

"He a brain doctor right? He should be able to check his self." Lucious shrugged.

"I'm serious Lu, you didn't have to do all that."

Lucious rolled his eyes. "But I did and I'll do it again. That nigga is fine he don't need no fuckin' ice pack. Tell him to take that shit like a man."

Cookie brushed passed him so she could go in the kitchen to retrieve what she went to get in the first place. "He wouldn't last a day on my block." She heard Lu say from the foyer.

"Well he's not on your block." She said sizing him up and down as she came back around the corner.

"Thank god."

"You make me-" Cookie began to say but got cut off by their child emerging down the steps.

"I'm ready. My hair look nappy...but i'm ready" Lyric said interrupting her parents conversation.

"Here go start the car." Lucious said never taking his eyes off his ex wife as he handed the keys to Lyric.

Cookie kissed her daughters cheek and hugged her. "I'm sorry. We'll talk later okay?"

Lyric nodded as Cookie hugged her tighter. "I love you."

"Love you too mom." She said before running out the house. Cookie focused her attention back on Lucious who never took his off her. "What?" She questioned.

He licked his lips and shook his head. "We'll talk later." He said quoting her before letting out a light chuckle and seeing himself out.

~

Whew, this took me forever to write and I don't really know why. I know you guys have been waiting for this and it's a little boring but it's something.

I hope you all had a Wonderful holiday season and are staying safe during this pandemic. Remember to wear your mask and follow social distancing guidelines. I love you guys, don't forget to comment vote and share!

Peace and love,

K.