XI

Lucious

The loud repetitive knocking and banging on my front door made my eyes shoot open. I sat up looking over at the clock seeing it was 4:22AM. It was still dark outside, and the house was quiet.

"Who is that?" Star asked sitting up as I got out the bed, sliding on my basketball shorts.

"I'm bout to see." I said as I walked out of our bedroom and to the front door. Without any hesitation or fear I swung the front door open.

I frowned and rubbed my eyes to make sure my eyes were seeing right.

"Serenity?" I asked

"Y..Yes Mr Lyon. It's me." She said crying catching me off guard. What the hell was she doing here at 4 o'clock in the morning?

"Who's at the door?" I heard Star ask. I looked over my shoulder and she was peeping from around the corner. I opened the door wider so that she could see who it was and her reaction was the same as mine.

"May I come in?" She asked.

I nodded my head and stepped aside so that she could come in. She sat on the couch as Star cut a lamp on so we could all see.

Her and Lyric were supposed to be having a movie night and sleepover, at her house. My mind went blank for a minute and Lyric popped into my head.

"What are you doing here? Where is Lyric?" I asked Serenity who had tears flowing down her face.

"Dad who at the door?" I heard Caiden ask. I glanced over and He and Reign was standing on the staircase.

"Serenity. Y'all go back to bed." I told the two of them. Caiden quickly turned to run upstairs like he knew something, and Reign followed.

I looked back at Serenity who had her head down. "I am so sorry Mr Lyon." She said making my heart skip. Sorry for what? Where is Lyric?

"Star go get my phone." I said. She quickly made her way to the room to grab my phone so I could call Cookie.

"Sorry for what?" I asked Serenity.

"I left her! I..I couldn't find her and they were shooting. Everybody was running and I just panicked... I didn't know W..what to do. And..." She rushed out but I cut her off.

"Shooting? You left her where?" I frowned.

"Where the Party was.." She cried.

Star walked back into the living room with my phone. Immediately I found Cookies contact and called her.

"Party? Where was the party?" I asked Serenity as the line rang, I placed back and forth waiting for Cookie to answer.

"It was somewhere in North Philly." Serenity Said making me groan and shake my head. These damn kids.

"Mmm hello?" She answered in a groggy voice.

"Cookie."

"What Lucious? It's four in the morning."

"Something might've happened to Lyric. Serenity here..." I said before she cut me off

"Im on my way." She said. Before I could say anything else she had hung up.

"She probably tried calling and texting me, but I dropped and broke my phone at the party." Serenity said.

I looked at Lyrics Location that said she was at Serenity's which made my eyebrow raise. "It says she's at your house." I said flipping the phone to show her.

Serenity shook her head. "Her Ipad is there, not her." She said. I called Lyrics phone. The line rang but she never answered. I felt myself becoming angry and agitated.