VI

Lyric-

"I don't know what's going on

"I don't know what's going on. My mom made me stay home today." I mumbled through the phone to my best friend. This morning when we all got up to start getting ready for school my mom came in my room and told me I wasn't going to school today...Amir and Jessika went went but not me.

"Why?" Serenity asked as she drove to Starbucks, when we both went to school together we would always stop and get Starbucks or just bring each other something.

"I don't know, last night I went downstairs to the kitchen and got a water and Kelvin was sleep on the couch."

She laughed and held the phone up so I could see her face as she fixed her hair in the drive-thru. "Not mama Cooks put him on the couch."

"Either that or he just fell asleep out there, but I probably just have a dentist appointment or something." I said laying comfortably in bed, scrolling through shows on tv.

"Can I please have a Carmel Frappe with extra caramel and no whip cream? That'll be all." Serenity said to the person in the little speaker. After she got her total she pulled forward and waited in line. "Yeah maybe she just know you hate that school and let you have a day off."

A knock on my door made us booth look at each other through the phone. "Put yourself on mute." I rushed. I watched as she clicked the button to mute herself before putting my phone facedown on my bed.

"Come in."

I was annoyed when I saw Kelvin, what could he possibly want? I sat up quick when I saw the look on his face.

"Give me your phone." He slurred as he held his hand out. I frowned as the smell of liquor hit my nose and tried to piece together why would him and my mom take my phone away? I haven't done anything.

"No. You didn't buy it or pay my bill." I bluntly said cause it was true, my dad bought mine and Amir's phone and pays the bill.

"I'm not gonna tell you again, Give me your phone." He said a little louder. I picked my phone up and saw Serenity was still on the phone with the same facial expression as me. Who is he talking to?

"If mom comes and here and tells me to give her my phone, then i'll give her my phone." I saw him looking for something else around my room that he could take, but luckily my MacBook and my Ipad was in my bed under my blankets only cause I stayed up late doing homework.

My eyes followed his and saw he was looking at camera that I took everywhere with me sat up on my dresser. Literally everything was on it, My mom and dad got it for me on my twelfth birthday and I've captured everything from then until now. Even pictures and videos from my sweet 16 were on it.