10- Time Travelers

Words: 1275

Y/n gets drunk at a party and the Doctor has to take care of her

The Doctor and Y/n were invited to a party held for time travelers in the late 1980s. The invitation came up on the psychic paper. The person who had invited them claimed that he knew some time travelers and that they will show up. And the Doctor wanted to know who this person was.

"Isn't it similar to what Stephan Hawking planned?", Y/n asked the Doctor as they both read the message. "Yeah it is... but this person seems really confident and I think we should find out ourselves", the Doctor replied and set the TARDIS for the 80s. They  landed safely and at once left for the party.

"Look! That's the place", Y/n pointed at a house which was decorated in green. "Oh it's nice...", the Doctor made a disgusted face implying sarcasm. "It should have been blue I know", Y/n smiled and walked ahead leaving the Doctor dazed. He really did thought it should have been blue because the TARDIS is blue. She knows.

For some reason Y/n looked really luminous today. He smiled and followed her to the house. It was terribly silent and when Y/n knocked, the door slid open. They both entered the house and saw that it was filled with lights, props, snacks and drinks.

Someone really put a lot of effort into a time travelers' party and the Doctor was the only one who actually showed up. "Hello!", the Doctor called out. Y/n made her way to the snacks and ate one. As she did so the Doctor raised his eyebrow that gave a look of 'seriously'. She ate it anyway.

They both turned as they heard a noise from further in the house. A man came out wearing weird untimely clothes. He looked like he was from the Victorian time. The Doctor's expression changed into surprise. "Are you...", the man spoke. "Time travelers", the Doctor nodded.

Then the man looked at Y/n and she simply waved and smiled saying, "Me too". The man wasn't sure what to say, he was at a loss of words. He couldn't believe that time travelers did show up in his party. "And you are?", the Doctor asked the man. He straightened himself and said, "I'm Jon".

"Like Jon Bon Jovi?", Y/n asked excitedly as her eyes went wide. "Yes!", Jon said in the same excitement. "Slippery when wet?", she continued asking him and just as he was about to answer the Doctor interrupted, "Did you invite us? Is this party yours? And why are you wearing Victorian attire?", the Doctor questioned him as he started scanning him with his sonic.

"Uh, I uh...thought time travelers wear these...kind of clothes", Jon awkwardly said. "Am I wearing it?", the Doctor asked with a duck face. Jon's embarrassment increased. Y/n sensed the awkward silence and broke it, "It's a party right. Let's forget everything and enjoy yes!".

Y/n filled the glasses with drinks, probably alcoholic. She spotted a record player and inserted a random record that was kept next to it. Jon really did plan it well. She placed the drinks in their hands and played the music. Before the Doctor could intervene, she downed her drink in one go. Y/n knows well how to get a party started.

"Come on, it's just us. No other time traveler is coming so let's own this place!", Y/n cheered as she took Jon's hand as the song 'Hold the Line' by Toto started playing. "Actually I do own this place but-", "Oh shut up Jon, be in the moment", Y/n interrupted him as she pulled him to dance.

The Doctor made his way to the snacks and drank whatever Y/n had given him. He didn't like it but had it anyway. Y/n pulled the Doctor on the floor with his mouth full of chips and started dancing with him. He couldn't do much but just jump around like a child and so did Y/n.

Jon wasn't good at dancing but he tried his best. He kept on changing the music to keep the small party going while Y/n had consumed more alcohol than her limit. Somehow she knew she would be alright because the Doctor always has her back and also that he can't get drunk.

She drank another glass and continued dancing as Jon joined doing all the wrong kinds of moves. The Doctor had stopped dancing as he was out in the backyard petting a dog that came in out of nowhere. He didn't have a belt so it was probably a street dog.

While he was playing with the dog he heard a loud noise from inside. He left the dog and quickly ran in to check and found Y/n standing on a table trying to dance. The Doctor moved towards the table to stop it from shaking and Jon was of no help as he was drunk dancing by himself.

The Doctor ignored him giving all his attention to Y/n. "Doctor... come on up. Let's dance...here it's more...fun", she mumbled in between hiccups. She took a wobbly step ahead and almost lost her balance which made her laugh. "Y/n, get down. We can dance here yes?", the Doctor added. He didn't want her to fall down.

"Nooooo... this is more fun!", Y/n spoke and made a fast move which finally made her lose all her balance and she fell. The table wasn't that high but the Doctor caught her. She tiredly lifted her head and gazed at him. He noticed how her face was red and flushed with alcohol as she looked dreamily at him.

He smiled, "You alright? Let's wrap it up", he whispered to her. She nodded back and tiredly rested her head on his shoulder. He had the drinks and was stinking of it too, but he was a Time Lord. And they don't get drunk as he says. He kept hold of Y/n as she was swaying in his arms.

He then ushered her to the sofa and made her sit there, then he went to Jon. "Jon, we're leaving. Thank you for inviting us", the Doctor said as he stretched out his arm but Jon hugged him instead. "Oh lord! Thank you so much for coming my dear time travelers!", he almost shouted in his face and cried happy tears.

"I hope I see you again Jon", the Doctor added as he went back to Y/n who was almost dozing off. "Hey, let's go", the Doctor whispered to her and helped her stand. She straightened herself and went to say goodbye to Jon. "I'll miss you Jon Bon", she expressed and hugged him to which he started crying again.

They both left the house and walked towards the TARDIS. "It was really fun today. Been a while since I...danced", Y/n said as she gulped. The Doctor smiled and replied, "Then we should dance more". They both went inside the TARDIS and settled down for a while. "I'll put her to hover", the Doctor spoke as he switched the TARDIS into hovering mode.

"Now, let's get some sleep", he told Y/n whose eyes were already drooping. "Tonight was really fun", she spoke as they walked to her room. They both got in bed after removing their shoes and jackets, instantly getting under the covers. "The Doctor summoned her in his arms as he mumbled slowly, "Good night Y/n".