10- They always break her: Part 2

Words: 1243

The Doctor finds out who attacked Y/n

The first place the Doctor went to was the alley where it all happened. He had asked John about it and felt like it was the best place to start. When he reached the alley, he noticed that her apartment was visible from there... which probably meant that the bad guy must have been watching her.

This just added to his worry. He kept his thoughts aside and looked for clues but found nothing. Then he remembered about cameras. The street was dimly lit so he scanned with his sonic. And found just one camera. He didn't want to waste time going to the camera office so he collected the data in his sonic and went to the TARDIS.
_________________

John was sat on the hospital chair, with a cup of coffee hoping for a good news for his friend. He had already filled her paperwork so he had little do then wait. After a while he saw a doctor approaching him and directly stood up. "She has severe injuries...3 broken ribs, a crack in her collarbone with deep wounds on her face and a concussion. It will take time for the bruising to fade", he stated.

"Can I see her?", John asked and the doctor nodded yes. John made his way to her room and slowly opened the door. Y/n was awake but her eyes were heavy. She frowned when she saw John because why would he be here? "Y/n? Feeling ok?", he asked as he took a seat near her. "Feeling sleepy", Y/n whispered. "Sorry, you should rest. I'll be right here", John smiled.
_________________

He found him. The man that hurt Y/n. He found the recording of that guy. The camera was a bit far so he had to zoom in to get his face. When he did, he instantly went outside to get more information on him. He went to the cyber cafe and connected the computer with his sonic to look for his name, adress, anything.

Trevor. He's heard this name before... from Y/n. Was he a friend of hers? Friends don't hurt friends like this. John is a good friend he thought. Then he got his adress and without a second thought he fleed. He took the TARDIS and set the location for his house. He was boiling at this point. His anger was taking the best of him.

Then he gets a phone call. It's from Y/n, must be John so he answers right away. "She's awake. The doctor said she'll have to be on medication for a while and will be ok soon", John spoke through the line. "How is she?", the Doctor asked as he took a deep breath. "She's asleep for now. Been taking your name in her sleep. When are you coming?", John asked. He asks a lot.

"I...I will be there soon, just don't leave her alone", the Doctor answered and hung up. The TARDIS landed and he stepped outside. His house was right in front of him. The man who almost killed Y/n. His best friend. What did Y/n ever do to him? How could the Doctor not punish him for his sins. But for some reason he couldn't move, he was frozen. Is this what Y/n would want?

He thought back to her again. She needs him and here he is taking revenge. She didn't do wrong to him he knows that well then why did this man want her dead? Was punishing Trevor more important than being with Y/n? It was definitely not. He changed his mind. He could not leave Y/n like this. He wasn't there when she needed him, but now he must.
__________________

It was late and the Doctor had told him not to leave, John decided to get another cup of coffee so he went out of the room. That's when he saw the Doctor walking towards him. He looked confused to him. "How is she?", the Doctor asked. "She's ok, she'll wake up soon. Do you want coffee?", John spoke politely. "No it's ok. You can go home and rest now I'll be here", the Doctor smiled .

John accepted and said, "If you need anything just call me." The Doctor nodded patting his shoulder and slowly went to Y/n's room. He took a deep breath before opening the door and when he saw her, he felt instant guilt. He felt like it was all his fault, that this only happened because he wasn't there.

He moved to her slowly and sat next to her. He could clearly see the bruises and wounds on her face. And it just pained him more and more. He gently took her hand in his trying not to wake her but she did. "Hi", Y/n spoke slowly. The Doctor looked at her and his eyes filled with tears. Y/n frowned.

"Hey...I'm ok", she tried to comfort him even though she was the one in a hospital bed. The Doctor bowed and pressed his head on her hand and tried his best not to cry. "No it's...you almost died. I wasn't there. I was not even aware of...", the Doctor cried. Y/n tried to get up but winced in pain.

"Hey, Y/n, don't get up it's... I'll stop crying. Please rest", the Doctor spoke and gently tucked her hair back. He lightly brushed his thumb on her bruised skin and cupped her face. He thought it hurt her so he tried to remove it but she brought her hand and held his there. Because when he touched her wounds she didn't feel any pain.

"I don't know who did this Doctor. But we will find out together and it will be ok", Y/n smiled as if it didn't almost cost her life. She is strong as hell no doubt. The Doctor closed his eyes. He knows who did it but there was no way he was going to tell her. "I'm here now Y/n and I promise you...I will protect you forever", he murmured.

"It's me who has always protected you sir", Y/n joked. He smiled a bit but then again he became serious. "But I couldn't", he said with his head low. "Oh Doctor, will you shut up. I'm going to be fine soon and we'll kick his arse together. Yes?", Y/n stated clearly irritated by his whining and he simply agreed.

"But for now, just rest", he said brushing her head and continued, "Go to sleep Y/n I'll be right here." "Oh I know", Y/n mumbled and closed her eyes, directly dozing off. He just stared at her. She almost died today and here she was making jokes as if nothing happened. Sometimes he doesn't understand.

He then rested his head on his arms, with one hand holding Y/n's. He chose not to leave her side at all no matter what. He couldn't sleep but still stayed like that. She's with him now, she's safe. What is to be done later will be done later. She's going to be ok. And now seeing the circumstances there will be nothing in this damn universe that can hurt Y/n. There was no one for her before, but the Doctor is going to be forever. And no one can stop it.