10- How long?

Words: 1228

The Doctor is hurt and doesn't tell Y/n but she finds out when he falls

There is always a lot of running when an alien gothic cult gets offended just because you winked. When the Doctor and Y/n landed on a dark and cloudy planet instead of a green one called Earth, that is exactly what happened. They went further to explore and had found a remote town full of goth aliens.

They looked quite like humans apart from the extra eye and when the Doctor tried to talk but they didn't understand. Maybe they communicated with expressions and when the Doctor winked out of nowhere, the weapons came out. They shouted, charging towards the Doctor and Y/n as they started running.

The goths began to throw spears and shoot arrows which Y/n had expertly dodged but one of them had hit the Doctor on his right shoulder and it slowed him down. The TARDIS was in sight so Y/n ran faster. She quickly opened the door and turned back to let the Doctor in but he wasn't there.

She gazed around in panic when he wasn't in sight and then suddenly he rose from the ground and ran towards her. Y/n streched out her hand for him like he once did for her. The Doctor immediately grabbed it and sprinted inside directly to the console. Y/n pushed the door as some aliens tried to get in while the Doctor set course for Earth.

Within seconds they were out of there. Y/n slid down the door and the Doctor sat by the console. After a minute of catching their breaths, they snorted when they looked at each other. "Was it the wink?", Y/n asked. "Probably yes", the Doctor replied and stood up. He leaned on the console for support because he was too fast.

Y/n frowned and walked to him. "You alright?", she placed her hand on his shoulder and he nodded. "Yeah I mean I did fall in a pit on the way but I'm ok", he smiled and walked around the console. "Will you mind the TARDIS while I..", he implied showing his dirt filled clothes.

"Of course, I don't want you to stink", Y/n chimed as she flipped some switches. The Doctor left and Y/n took control of the TARDIS. He had taught her how to fly it and she always did better than him. That's what the TARDIS thought. He returned after a while and found the console room empty.

"Now you seem fresh", Y/n chirped from above him. He spotted her sitting on a very unsafe ladder, fixing a broken light. "What are you doing? That's not safe Y/n, get down", the Doctor held out his arms open as if she was going to fall then and there. "Calm down Time Lord", Y/n sang aloud.

"Y/n...", the Doctor pleaded and gave her puppy eyes. "Oi, don't give me that puppy look. I'm done anyway", Y/n spoke and carefully stepped down the shaky ladder. She then jumped from the platform to the floor, landing perfectly. "How many times have I told you, don't jump from up there", the Doctor scolded as he brushed off the dust on her shoulders.

"Go freshen up or you'll stink", he sassed and lightly ushered her away. "Okaayyyyy", she replied and left. The moment she was out of sight, he grabbed his shoulder as he felt the stinging pain. He ignored it and proceeded to fix the light Y/n was working on. Turns out she did fix it, but misplaced the other parts around it.

So the Doctor stepped on the ladder up to the light and pulled out his sonic. He replaced and rewired some parts with the sonic on his mouth. When he got closer to look inside, a small spark sent the sonic flying and as a reflex he lunged at it. The Doctor lost all of his balance and fell from the height straight to the floor. Thud!

"AAAGGHHH!!", the Doctor cried out in pain. His hand immediately shot to his right shoulder as he clutched it tightly. Footsteps were heard as Y/n came running out. Her eyes grew as she saw him on the floor, crying out. "Doctor!", she rushed to him and instantly crouched down to check.

Y/n saw how he was clutching his shoulder and lightly touched it but that only made him move away. "I'm ok, I'm...ok... it's fine", the Doctor kept on saying and didn't leave hold of his shoulder. "It's not!", Y/n shouted back. He tried to get up but she kept him down. "Let me help you Doctor, calm down!", she commanded holding him down.

She started taking deep breaths and made him do the same. The Doctor calmed down after some time but he was still in pain. "Can you stand?", she asked him and he slowly nodded. She carefully slipped her hand under him and made him sit up. He winced in pain but tried his best to sit straight.

Y/n managed to get him on the platform nearby and put a wooden box behind him for support. She rushed inside and returned with the first aid. "You're going to be ok, now tell me where it hurts", she asked as she opened the kit. The Doctor didn't speak but clutched his shoulder and she understood.

Y/n carefully removed his suit and tie and unbuttoned the first 3 buttons so that he doesn't get uncomfortable. Her expression changed the second she saw his right shoulder. She shifted his shirt more lower and it revealed a red and purple wound. It made her extremely worried.

"How long?", she asked straightening herself as she digged into the bandages. The Doctor didn't answer but she continued with her work. First she cleaned the wound, then she carefully started applying disinfectant. The Doctor hissed in pain when it made contact and closed his eyes.

"I'm not going to tell you anything from now on, even if I'm on the verge of dying", Y/n lectured and kept on applying the medicine. "Y/n...I didn't want to worry you", the Doctor mumbled. Y/n didn't reply. She finished with the disinfectant and then began to cover the wound.

She unrolled the gauze and folded it into a square. The Doctor winced in pain when she pressed the gauze on his shoulder. He dropped his head on her shoulder in defeat and sighed. "I'm sorry Y/n", he whispered shakily. Y/n brushed his hair and lightly embraced him.

"It's ok. I've got you Doctor", Y/n assured him as she kept on stroking his neck. They stayed like that for a while and eventually Y/n made the Doctor to go to bed and rest before he could argue. She carefully took him to his room and tucked him in. "Get some rest, we can travel later", she spoke.

"Aren't you going to rest?", the Doctor asked with his eyes already drooping. The pain medication Y/n had put in the soup was now making him sleepy. "Don't worry, I will rest after a while", she assured. Before turning off the lights, she planted a small kiss on his head saying, "Sleep well Doc".