Chapter 51 - Ret'lini

"Ret'lini" = "Just in case"

"Mar'e! Bic'jate hukaat'gar, ner vod." = "At last! It's good to see you, my brother."

"Su cuy'gar!" = "So you're still alive!"

" –and so the cooling hydrant won't interfere with the wiring that interconnects with the ship's navigational system." I pointed to the screen as I showed Tech where to draw the connectional ports.

He hummed and observed it, mind drawing a mental design of how it would work in an actual ship, "What about the inside hull? Would that not decrease the already low amount of cargo room? It would be quite inefficient for the model of ship." He glanced over at me again to wait for my response.

However, his look was that of pure and innocent curiosity, it was not challenging as if to see whether I actually knew what I was talking about. Like me, he was simply straight forward curious to how I would tackle that minor complication in my idea.

I smirked and tapped another button on the console, bringing up another schematic on the screen to be visible, "Simple, you thin out the outside hull to give more room so you can keep the same amount of cargo room inside."

He gave me a startled look, "I am sure you are aware how poor of an idea that is, aren't you?"

"Technically not that bad of an idea, but you didn't let me finish."

Tech got a small blush on his cheeks as he hummed, "You are correct, I apologise. Please, continue."

"As you pointed out, it will weaken the outer hull. However, the shield generator core will be switched out to a transfusional one with the added pieces of wiring that connect to the cooling pipes at the front. More power with less of a chance at, well, explosion." We had been discussing seven different models of ships and the modifications we had come up with as we flew through hyperspace. The entire time it was difficult to not have a small smile dancing on my lips at being able to simply spew out information without the other one getting confused or bored. To have someone with an equally curious mind for engines, modifications and engineering was truly like taking a breath of fresh air again. And, of course, you felt less alone in knowing that there was someone out there who could understand you on that level.

"I see your point," Tech glanced at me and the corner of his mouth pulled ever so slightly up into a half-smile, "I'm impressed."

A hand patted me on the shoulder and looking over I saw that Hunter had approached us, "I don't think I have ever heard those words come out of your mouth, Tech." Hunter's voice remained husky and in a brotherly way it felt comforting.

Tech huffed and shrugged his shoulders, "That is because no one has impressed me like that before."

Hunter rolled his eyes at the very obvious answer, a coy smile on his face. Giving me another pat on the shoulder he chuckled, "Well colour me impressed too, you're the first to have ever understood him like that. A shame you're with the Captain over there, otherwise you would've fit right in with us."

Rex scoffed, "A shame, huh? She belongs with us Hunter, so don't get your hopes up."

Hunter held his hands up in defence and looked back to Tech, "We're about to drop out of hyperspace, need you at the front unless you want Wrecker to land the ship."

Tech's eyes widened and he hurried away to the cockpit, even though it had been clear that Hunter had meant it as a joke. Hunter made his way to the front where Wrecker, Ahsoka and Rex were to join them again.