Part H/3: Rock the Clock

>>>>>> Picture On The Side of Tyler and Kayla's Outfits >>>>>

Tyler

_________________________

Tre strides over to where we stood by the door and smiled at me, making my cheeks go hot. "Well, this is a hell of a coincidence," he spoke in that accent. "You're right. Who knew I'd travel hundreds of miles just to see the same old faces," I teased folding my arms and looking him over. Damn, he was nice with the swag. "That wasn't a pleased sounding statement. And here I thought i was a looker," Tre played back. My smile got wide, he wasn't as mean and menacing as most dudes in the hustle-lifestyle. "Keep thinking like that and before you know it I'll be calling you Mr.Conceited," I threw back, before following Kayla to the counter. "Oh baby doll, you're going to break my heart," he spoke dramatically, following behind me.

"Sorry, not sorry," I shrugged, looking over the menu. That is until he put an arm up on the counter next to mine and our skins touched. I moved my arm away and looked up at him. "Are you here to eat or talk to little old me," I questioned raising an eyebrow. He looks down at me and bites down on his full pink lips. "Nah, I'm not hungry. But maybe if you were a little nicer I could work up an appetite, " he continued flirting with me. "Oh, let me check with my nice side and see if she wants to come out to play," I teased looking over at Kayla, she shook her head no and that was my answer. "She's not in, but I'll take down the message," I winked at him. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Where ya' sitting," he asked? "Anywhere outside...," I began. "I'll get a table for you girls, but dont worry I won't intrude. This bistro gets busy often," he explains. "Thanks," I say, in shock of his helping hand. He smiles before striding outside and to a table.

I turn to Kayla whose pretending to focus on the menu, but only because she probably doesn't agree with me talking to him. "So what are you getting," she asks after feeling my gaze for a while. "C'mon Kayla you can't tell me he's not sweet," I whined. "And from the south side, and a thug something you've complained about since I've known you! And no he may not look like it or seem like it but we both know, those type of men have different personalities," Kayla finished hanging me out to dry before hitting the bell on the counter. I turned back to the menu in thought about what she said, partially pouting inside.

Tre was very entertaining , and I could actually see us really liking each other. He was always on his toes when it came to his comebacks, just like me. We were kind of one in the same but... for some reason Demond came to mind. We had always been opposites but that's what brought us closer back in the old days. Things I was afraid of, he conquered and things he thought were pointless were hobbies of mine. Somehow though, it made us best friends and now... what were we now?

"At least he's not, Demond," I ended up mumbling. More to myself then to Kayla. I mean I still didn't get if he'd been serious the other night or if he'd been kidding because the way he was acting now, it was like nothing happened. First he kisses me, by the way my first tongue kiss, then he confesses to me, and now he's not speaking to me. I really didn't understand his attitude or why i was thinking about the creep. Did me rejecting him mean we couldn't go back to how we were?

"Can I get a chicken Parmesan pasta with the garlic sticks and a large lemonade," I replied to the girl who'd taken Kayla's order and had turned to me. The cashier nodded and rung it up, "That'll be twelve sixty-four," she said and before either Kayla or I could react, a twenty passed over my head and to the girl. Kayla and I looked back at the same time, and there was Tre again. "I'll be outside," he said again. My eyes followed him as he went to the same table he'd been at before. He came in just to pay for our food? I turned to Kayla and gave her the 'you-were-saying' look. She twisted her lips unsure, but didn't say anything this time which meant, she was coming around. Or not, but she would if he was nice like this all the time. However, it was like Kayla said most guys who run in his line of work, have two different sides.