Part D/2: Safe and Speeched At

Tyler

>>>>>. Picture on the Side of Demond and Tre and Cash >>>>>.

         I can't believe I was in this damn car, with two niggas I just said would regret meeting me. I looked at Nina's care-free ass, smoking a blunt that they were passing around the car. I couldn't bring myself to understand what made her think this shit was okay! "You sure you don't want a blow shawty," Menace chuckled, with the rest of the group. "No," I said through tight lips. Instead of smoking with dumb, dumber, and dumbest, I've been keeping an eye out for specific landmarks that could help us get back to our own turf. I'd been doing this since we left, because Chicago didn't raise a fool. As soon as I got the chance, me and Nina were out of here.

     "Loosen up, Ty," Nina whispered nudging me and trying to pass me the blunt. I gave her the meanest mug I could muster, and she sighed before passing the blunt back up front. The only thing I was happy about right now is that we'd changed out of our swimwear into some real clothes. Nina was just as exposed in some daisy dukes, and a crop top, but I had on a pair of black D.O.P.E. sweats, and a half cut, sleeveless, D.O.P.E. hoodie, that I wish had been a full shirt, so I could cover my exposed tummy; now that these two were taking us to god knows where! As a matter of fact, I wish I was wearing all the clothes in my closet right now. I looked at my phone anxiously, and then stuffed it in my pockets. I needed Kayla to text back faster! I know I just felt like it was taking forever for her to text back, but this shit was really scaring me.

       After another minute, my phone vibrated and I sighed in relief at a text from Kayla, saying her, Elijiah, and Jonisha were on their way, and that she hadn't told the adults. The last thing I needed was my mom going crazy on me, because I really had no choice. It was either go with this dummy, or have something happen to her. And as much as I hated Nina right now, I wasn't that friend, I just couldn't see any harm come to her. "We here," Jarred said, turning around to smile at us, mostly me. We pulled up to some, project ass looking apartments that I've never seen a day in my life. The apartments were an entire thirty minutes away from the Rec center.

        Looking around I saw crackheads walking up down the street, and lots of broken down looking homes, and graffiti on the buildings. I could see Menace and Jarred's Grimey asses living in a place like this, just as I thought that Jarred opened my door and smiled down at me, "You coming in or staying out here," he asked? I looked back only to see Nina, already out of the car and following Menace into the apartment. I swear Nina was seriously acting like a bum bitch. We didn't know any of these folks and we didn't know what could happen. "Where are we," I asked, getting out and following Jarred? "Tre's apartment," he answered in almost a sarcastic tone. Now that still caught me off guard, because one that's not what I meant, and two I wouldn't have guessed Tre to live here. "That's not what I meant," I growled as he opened the door to one of these apartments. Loud talking and music came blasting out, almost making me deaf. "Look shorty, this ain't Beverly Hills, but you'll be alright," he chuckled going in when he saw I was letting him lead.

    Almost every girl here was dressed like Nina. They had on high dresses, skirts that were shrinking every time they bent over, and shorts that had their asses falling out of them. Not to mention the makeup some of them had on! I would have thought this was a night club ora clown college. And the guys had tattoo covered bodies and dreads, or wild Afros. This basically looked like the party we just had, except more ratchets. Besides that the inside of this place was nice. Leather sectional, marble counters, mahogany floors, magnificent dining set. I mean this place actually looked like we were in Beverly Hills. I stopped awing at the nice place and looked for Nina, and of course spotted her in the kitchen.

       I left Jarred to wherever he was going and walked to the kitchen where Nina and Menace were. "Remind me later to thank you for getting me into this," I growled at Nina sarcastically. "Well, if you aren't the life of the party," she said in the same tone. "Here you go," Menace smiled at me and Nina before reaching us each a cup. I looked at it and then stared at him like he was crazy. I damn sure wouldn't be drinking something he gave me especially after I hadn't watched him make it. "Do you have a bottled water," I smiled back sweetly. "Nah I don't think so," he said, handing Nina her cup, and still trying to give me mine. "I'm not thirsty," I replied folding my arms. His face got an evil smirk on it, "That's cool. I want you to enjoy this party fully anyway. Besides, alcohol don't really seem like your thing," he said before brushing past me as he walked off into the crowd.