H: Clock is Ticking

Tracey

  >>>>>>>>>>>  Picture on The side of  Tyler's Car  >>>>>>>>>>>>

           I sighed sadly again for the third time as Chicago drove to the Car Lot. A friend of his had promised him a good deal on a new car, and he'd decided that would be Tyler's seventeenth birthday gift. However, I was sitting on the edge of my seat because my baby was growing up way too fast for my liking. First it was the having boyfriends, which I'm glad she talks to me about. Then it's her little fast ass friends dragging her into trouble, and now she's going to be free to go where she wants and I won't even know if she's lying or not. I let out another sigh and whined, "Chicago why can't we wait until she goes to college," I continued inquiring. "Damn it, Tracey! Would you just be happy. At first you were all in for this and now that you've sat and thought about it you've changed your mind," he fussed. "Yes Chicago because that's my baby girl and I'm scared, okay! I'm scared she's going to run off and get in trouble or never come back home," I cried knowing I sounded stupid, but Tyler was my all. 

        From the moment she was born it was just me and her. Her father came around only to beat on my ass, and Chicago didn't come back in my life until she was about three. Everytime me and Chicago would go through it, she'd come and cuddle with me to let me know somebody loved me truely and unconditionally. Once she was gone, what would I have? My shop, my girls, and Chicago, but they would never compare to my daughter. My little girl was the reason I did many things I do and I'm not saying my life couldn't go on without her, I'm just saying I was really going to miss her. 

         "Yeah right," Chicago started, "We both know Tyler would be lost without you, and that she ain't going no where. That little girl loves you more than anything and you know that too. Just like I had to deal with her talking to guys, you're going to have to deal with her driving. After all, she's already proved with this job she's more mature than we thought," he finished, placing a gentle hand on my thigh. I looked over at him and he pulled up into the Car lot. "Tyler loves you, and she's not going anywhere any time soon," Chicago said seriously, looking deep into my eyes. A small smile spread across my face. "And, now you've got to help me find her the perfect car," he teased squeezing my thigh. I giggled and nodded wiping my watery eyes. 

          Chicago parked and got out coming around to my door and opening it for me. "Thanks," I mumbled watching him out the corner of my eye and covering my ass with my purse. The one day I wear tights and Chicago couldn't stop touching my ass, then again he always found something to touch!

        He chuckled and let me slip by closing the door behind me. "Ain't nobody gonna mess with your ass," he smirked wrapping an arm around my shoulder. Before I could get my smart comment out someone called Chicago. "Chicago, my man," someone shouted abruptly. We turned to the white salesman dressed more country than a red neck and I couldn't stand how cliche this was. He walked up all jolly and shook Chicago's hand up and down making me giggle because Chicago hated shaking hands with people and this guy just looked dirty. "How you doing man," Chicago said cutting the handshake short.

      "I'm good! Listen here though I'm glad ya' took me up on my offer, and this is for your pretty lady here," the man with the thick country accent, asked smiling at me. It made my skin crawl when I saw two gold teeth in his mouth. "No," Chicago replied, "It's for our baby girl she's turning seventeen this weekend." Wow, just four more days, I thought as Chicago and the man talked. She was really going to be seventeen, and then she'd be graduating and finally she'd be going off to college! It was all moving so fast.

           I snapped back to reality when Chicago tapped my chin. "What," I asked making the two men chuckle. "She's still worried about the kid, but we definitely want top of the line security as well as class. A car that'll help this one here sleep at night," Chicago teased, kissing my cheek. I swatted him away as the guy chuckled and nodded. "Well, what you're looking for is definitely here and we're going to have y'all walk off this here lot with a reliable car for your baby girl," he charmed us on. "Alright, that sounds like a deal. Let's take a look around," Chicago said, taking my arm in his. Just as promised we found the perfect car for baby girl, and I couldn't wait to see her face when her birthday rolled around.