Prologue

Tyler Rock just knew she'd never actually fall in love. Not after watching her mother go through hell with Chicago, the drug lord of Georgia. The thing is about saying never is, you never know. 

             A year ago Tyler and her mother, Tracey, we're just packing their boxes to move out of Georgia when her mother received a call from no one other then 'The Thug' himself. Tracey's first love, best friend, enemy, and on again/off again boyfriend of the last twenty years. Chicago and Tracey are notorious around the hood for their relationship. Some of the older people even said it was love at first sight when the two saw each other on the block, but as sweet as their love was, it was even more bitter. After him cheating, her cheating, them breaking promises and trying to rebuild trust, they were still in a battle to keep their love going. Neither wanted to let go of the other! Not after Tracey got pregnant for another man, Chicago got married and started a family, or even after Chicago went to jail. They still managed to stay friends, lovers, and comrades through it all.

               To say Tyler was upset that her mother was even spending time with Chicago again, was an understatement. For many years Chicago played her father, but she found out the reason was because he killed her real dad. Tyler never quite understood her mother's relationship with Chicago, even though he bought her anything she wanted. It seemed like her mother was just a dog to Chicago, being dragged around by the leash, and she never wanted to be like that. She gave any thug or hoodlum that came at her attitude, and ran them off. Ask Tyler what she wanted, and she'd say a sophisticated, sentimental guy with integrity, and goals. The exact opposite of Demond, or 'D' as the hood called him. 

                  Tyler and Demond grew up together, but by their teenage years they turned from friends to enemies. He became a slanger, and a hot, bad boy that girls craved. Tyler became a beautiful face, with a thick body, full of venomous ways yet with a gentle heart. She didn't want to get hurt, and Demond didn't even know he'd been the first boy to break her heart, because she'd trusted him as her friend. Demond on the other hand grew up so differently, and he'd been corrupted with trust issues as well. These two find out they need each other more then they know, and in more ways then one. The tale unfolds in the dirty south as Mama's baby has to open her eyes to a grown ladies game, lover's ways, and old flames. COMING SOON!!!