05 | distorted

This chapter has not been proofread. I will come back to it and do it once I'm able to.

"It is an interesting crystal," Pixal remarked as she let it run through her databases. The small item was put on a table that was surrounded by the four remaining family members that were currently living in the monastery.

After telling Wu, Misako and Pixal what she had been up to, Nya was met with both praise and shame.

Wu thought it was foolish of her to go to the crime scene on her own and without telling anyone, whereas Pixal and Misako were happier that she was up and slowly going back to her roots.

"Do we know what type of a crystal it is?" Nya asked, glancing down at it.

Wu, who immediately went to the large monitor in the underground base and sat down on the wheely chair, shook his head.

"I have never seen such a color on a crystal before," he answered. "Or I at least think so. I might've seen it and not thought much of it prior."

He turned around and began to type something into the computer while the other three women began a discussion of their own.

"So, you just went there and only found this?" Misako asked Nya, who nodded.

"Yeah. It was right in front of a mirror, too."

"Mirror?" Wu asked, turning back around to glance at his student.

Nya nodded. "The last time I saw it was at the Explorer's Club. No idea how, why or when it got to the museum, though. It's the mirror that shows you your biggest fear."

Wu hummed. Without saying anything else, he turned back around.

"And Aspheera just disappeared?" Misako asked.

Nya nodded.

"I have hacked into the museum's security log," Pixal announced. The three turned to her.

"Show us," Nya told her.

Pixal nodded and walked over to the monitor. Wu pushed himself back on his chair to give her more space.

In no time, Pixal got the large screen to show the room in which Nya had been not even an hour ago. It was showing the moments prior to Aspheera being spotted in there.

Everyone looked at the scene intently, waiting for something to happen.

A few seconds passed before something began to move. The door slowly opened, and a familiar head peeked inside the room.

Aspheera stepped inside and looked around, supposedly looking for something. She had a cloth in her hand, and it was quite obvious as to what she was up to.

"Ah," she beamed when her slit eyes landed on the security camera. She slithered her way over to it.

Her face was close to the camera's lens as her scaly fingers wrapped the cloth around the security camera.

And then there was nothing but darkness left.

Only sounds were audible, which the smaller team had no choice but to listen to.

Sounds of snake rattling were the only things that could be heard for a while. It was almost deafening to listen to Aspheera's snake noises.

But then they heard a gasp.

And then the camera glitched out.

Nya and Misako looked at Pixal questioningly as she immediately began to press some buttons whilst trying to get the footage to work again.

The Silent Man's Whisper [ninjago]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara