14 | escaped

"You took my bagel!" Kai yelled at Cole, pointing at the bread in the Black Ninja's hand accusingly. His sudden yelling grabbed some inmates' attention, as well as a few guards'.

"Well, I can't see your name on it." Cole flipped the bagel around and pretended like he was looking for Kai's name.

That only fueled Kai's anger. He reached for the bagel but Cole pulled it away just as quickly, tutting.

The Master of Fire suddenly stood up, making Lloyd and Jay, who were sitting next to him, look up at him with pleading expressions on their faces.

"Kai," Lloyd said, grabbing his elbow. "Kai, get down!" he hissed, trying to pull him back down.

Looking down at him, Lloyd could see the anger behind Kai's brown eyes, the flames contained beneath his skin desperately wanting to get out.

"Let go, Lloyd!" he yelled. Then he lunged forward and once again tried to snatch Cole's bagel.

And this time it worked.

"Hey!" Cole stood up as well.

The only thing between them was the table, creating a barrier and preventing the two from doing something stupid.

"Sit down, you two!" Lloyd only barely kept his tone at even-level, annoyed at the scene his friends were causing over a piece of bread.

"Yeah," Jay agreed, "maybe you should-"

"Shut up, Jay!" Kai yelled at him. He felt agitated by Jay's high-pitched voice. "Stop being annoying for once, okay?"

Cole banged his hands hard on the metal table, getting more pairs of eyes to watch them. "Don't talk to Jay like that!"

"I'll talk to him however I want to!"

"Both of you, enough!" Lloyd stood up as well, glaring at Kai and Cole. "Sit back down before I make you!"

"Oh yeah?" Kai mocked him. "And what are you going to do, Lloyd?" He put his hands on his hips and waited for a response, which never came since Lloyd was currently trying his best to stay unbothered by Kai's unnecessary behavior.

So Cole took it into his own hands as he grabbed the inedible slice of cake from his plate and threw it at Kai's head.

Kai winced and rubbed the sore spot on his forehead before coming back to his senses. He glanced down at the cake that was just falling off the side and then looked at Cole.

Without any warning, Kai jumped over the table and tackled the Earth Ninja to the floor where he tried to punch him in his face but, due to Cole's good dodging, missed.

Everyone let out a collective gasp. Lloyd, Jay and Zane quickly tried to get Kai off of Cole but he managed to accidentally land a hit on Zane's chest which caused him to stumble backwards. While Kai looked at Zane apologetically, Cole used that moment to turn them over.

Now that he was on top of Kai, he, too, tried to land some punches to his face but missed. What he didn't miss, however, was Jay's jaw.

Gasping, Cole stood up from Kai and tried to get closer to Jay to apologize. "Jay, I am so-" He was cut off by a punch to his own jaw that made him stagger backwards and into the table.

Kai then stood up from the floor and tried to get back to Cole but was cut off by Lloyd. While the Green Ninja tried to talk some sense into Kai's thick skull, the Red Ninja only saw red and ignored the younger by going around him, his eyes pinned to the Black Ninja.

But when Lloyd touched Kai's elbow to hold him back, he was unfortunate enough to see Kai's fist in his vision, about to punch him in the face. That was blocked by Zane who took the punch for Lloyd, knowing it wasn't nearly as painful to hurt his own titanium body than Lloyd's human body.