17 | descended

"So," Pythor said, lazily tapping his fingers on the table, "who are we waiting for?"

Vangelis and Mr. E spared him a glance but didn't make the effort to give him a response. Their seats around the round stone table were quite spaced out, so none of them had to sit directly next to each other.

"How do you feel about these new suits?" Pythor tried again, looking down at the pink armor that was secured around his torso. Two metallic shoulder pads completed his look. "Well, I, for one, think the hot pink brings out my beautiful white skin, don't you think?"

He waited a second for the others to answer but those answers never came, so he huffed.

"Don't give me the cold shoulder." He scowled. "We're all alone down here. That hologram person thing hasn't even made the effort to show up, so we might as well get to know each other better."

He looked at Vangelis and sized him up. "You're some king, aren't you? Well, I am Pythor P. Chumsworth, as you may already know. I have royal blood as well. What a great similarity we have!"

Vangelis turned his body away from Pythor and looked off into the wall to avoid conversation with him.

The snake rolled his eyes. "What a drama queen." He then turned to Mr. E. "I kind of remember you, F. You're not one to talk, are you?"

Mr. E turned to Pythor, but since his face was hidden behind a biker helmet, his emotions weren't visible.

"It's Mr. E," Vangelis corrected him.

"I know that," Pythor told him. "I just wanted to see if he'd correct me himself."

"You know he doesn't talk."

Pythor opened his mouth to offer Vangelis a snide remark, but he shut his mouth again when another person stepped into the room. All three villains glanced at the clothes figure.

"We are only expecting two more guests," the person stated, their voice distorted and unrecognizable. "They should be arriving any second now."

— — — —

"He's turning left," Zane said, his eyes glued to the small red dot that kept flickering on and off.

The van took a sharp left turn.

In the back, the Mechanic tried to wiggle free from his restraints but to no avail. His hands and legs were bound and a thick cotton piece was covering his mouth, stealing his voice. He kept mumbling incoherent things which the ninja either ignored or made fun of.

With the left turn, the three in the back; the Mechanic, Jay and Kai, who had no time to prepare for such a sudden turn, all flew to the right and crashed against the wall.

"You could have warned us!" Jay exclaimed, rubbing his forehead.

The Mechanic mumbled something again as Kai made him sit back upright.

"You know we can't understand a thing, dude," the Red Ninja said. "So you might as well shut up and let yourself get kidnapped, yeah?"

He received a nasty glare which he countered with a cheeky smile of his own.

When the Mechanic stopped fussing around, Kai patted his head in mockery. "Good boy."

"Okay Kai, that's enough bullying the enemy for one day," Jay told his friend, although he couldn't help the grin appearing on his face when the Mechanic tried to get away from Kai's hand.

"Turn right!" Zane instructed Cole loudly. Before the truck could miss the right turn, Cole cranked the steering wheel and sent the people in the back flying against the left wall.