CUPID [ 02 ]

"Get away from me" Taerae warned as he continuously tried to avoid the girl that was currently getting closer to him.

He was well aware that his top was naked, but he couldn't care less. The main question was, how the hell did the girl even managed to break into his room, and even worse, being in the same bathroom as him? He was pretty sure he locked the bathroom door before.

"Don't freak out, listen to me-"

Not giving any chance for the girl to finish her sentences, Taerae was quick push her aside and unlock the door before he dashed out of the bathroom.

He was panicking, all that he aimed for at the moment was to report about the girl's sudden presence to his parents who were currently downstairs. Forget about the dinner, he just wanted to get the creepy girl out of his property.

Once he has reached the doorknob, he twisted it in attempt to swing open the door. But he failed.

It was locked from outside-which was impossible since no one in this household would do that.

Cold sweats started running down his forehead as he slowly turned around.

He gulped his own saliva, watching the ghostlike girl walking over to him before she stopped a few steps away from him, standing like a statue.

"W-Who are you?!"

"Don't shout, your parents might hear you"

The boy didn't even took her words into consideration as his voice increased to an octave. "Answer me, who are you?!"

Sighing heavily, she finally gave up. "I'm a Cupid. And please sit your ass down before you make a fool of yourself" she said. It was exhausting to deal with a freaked out human, that's what she thought.

"Excuse me? You're the one who's making a fool of yourself. Cupid? What do you think I am? A five years old?" he scoffed.

From the way she was dressed, he assumed that the girl in front of him must be a mentally illed person that escaped from an asylum. That was the only conclusion that would make sense about her.

"You don't believe me?" she questioned but she was ignored.

His only focus was to open the door but it came to no avail. It would be useless to talk to an insane person, so he must find a way to get out of his locked room first.

"You know, I'm the one who locked the door" she chuckled upon seeing his struggle.

The phrase managed to catch his attention. "Open the door, please. I don't even know who you are. Please don't hurt me-"

This time, she cut his words off. "I won't hurt you. I know this seems ridiculous, but like I said, I'm not a human. I'm a Cupid"

"There you go again with your funny bullshits! Please, just let me go" Honestly, he didn't know if he should laugh at the obvious lie that she stated or be frustrated about him being locked in his own room by the asylum escaper.

"No one can see me other than you"

"You're only saying that because you're scared if my parents find out about you breaking into our house, don't you?"

Suddenly a click could be heard. Taerae looked down on his hands that were resting on the doorknob. The door was now slightly opened, it was no longer locked.

"Go on, tell your parents about me" she confidently instructed, making the boy grow confused. Confused, but scared.

However, Taerae still decided to run downstairs in a quick pace. He wanted his parents to know about the girl's presence. Or maybe he could tell his parents to press charges on the girl too for breaking into their house.

"Mom! Dad!" Taerae shouted as he made his way to the dinner table, panic was visible on his face.

"Taerae? Let's have a din-Why don't you put a shirt on?" his mother was quick to notice the odds in her son. His face was almost pale, as if he saw something that he shouldn't have.

His father on the other hand questioned, "What's wrong with you?"

Taerae lifted one of his hands up, his index finger pointing towards the upper floor. "Someone...t-there's someone that broke into our house" with that being said, his parents was quick to leave their dinner table to check the upper floor-to confirm whether what their son said was true or not.

Taerae followed behind his mother's back as if he was hiding from the girl. Once they stood in front of Taerae's room, his father slightly pushed the door open, revealing the space.

Taerae could see how the previous girl that he assumed was an asylum escaper just now still stood there, right in front of the door staring at them. In this kind of situation, a normal person usually would run, or atleast hide somewhere in order to not get caught. But it was a different case with this girl.

And from there, he could confirm that the girl was indeed, insane.

"There, there she is!" Taerae eagerly pointed to the place where the girl stood, but then all he received was the weird stares from his parents.

Confusion were plastered all over both his parents's face.

"There's no one, Taerae. Are you sure someone really broke into our house?" his mother spoke with concern.

Taerae shifted his attention back to the still standing girl. He saw how the corner of her lips curved up a little bit, as if she was mocking him. He was wondering, who is she truly is?

"W-What do you mean mom? She's right there, she's standing right in front of you" Taerae then moved to where the girl stood at, he then aggressively grabbed the girl's hand, wanting to show his parents that he was not lying. "See? This is her!" he said again, trying to convince his parents.

But again, his parents didn't give him the reaction that he expected to. They should be as freaked out as he was, but why do they seemed so relaxed?

Staring at each other, his parents slowly shook their head. His father walked closer to his one and only son before he gave a pat on the younger boy's back. "I know you're exhausted because of school today. But you're just imagining things, my son"

"Wha-I'm not! She's right here!!"

"It's okay, you should take a lot of rest. Just come downstairs if you want to have a dinner" her mother gave him a fond smile one last time before they leave him stood in his room, his hands were still grabbing the girl's arm.

Slowly turning to his side, he stared right into her eyes as he struggle with his own emotion. Confusion, fear, anger all compiled in one upon seeing the smile that she beamed towards him.

"I've told you not to make a fool of yourself. No one can see me other than you, idiot" she said, and Taerae backed away a few steps from her.

"This must be dream, right...? No, this is not real" he muttered, trying to convince himself that he was dreaming. Maybe slapping himself would be a good idea to wake him up from whatever that was happening at the moment.

"I will leave you alone for a while to rethink these whole thing. And whenever you're ready to see me again, just snap your fingers two times"

With his two eyes, he saw how the girl's figure slowly becoming transparent by each seconds before she completely vanished, leaving no trace behind.

His hands made its way to mess with his hair, "Am I the crazy one...?"