CUPID [ 07 ]

2 weeks had passed, which meant the art exhibition day has arrived. After all the preparations, Taerae stood there at the back of the stage, trying to calm the nervousness that was building up inside him.

“Taerae? It's your turn soon, right?” the boy turned around, and his nervousness automatically being blown away seeing Haseul smiling at him.

During the preparations, he got to interact more with Haseul, which successfully lessens the awkwardness between them. He also tried his best to help her whenever he got the chance to.

“Y–Yeah... I'm so nervous” he said, followed by an awkward chuckle afterwards.

“Don't be, I'm pretty sure you will do well. Act like the crowd is never there, maybe it will help you calm down a bit” she said and Taerae nods as he tries his best to put on a smile.

He has performed at so many event, and yet he was still nervous. Maybe it was because it's his first time performing for a school event. Or maybe it's because he was scared that he would mess up the performance and end up looking like a loser in front of Haseul.

“What song are you going to perform?” she asked.

“It's...a secret” he said, earning complains from her.

“Oh, come onn”

“Well... watch me perform on stage and you'll figure it out” he grinned and Haseul frowned at him, accepting it regardless.

Haseul then remembered something, “Oh, I've got to settle something down for a while”

“You seem so busy, are you sure you're going to watch me perform?” Taerae asked with concern, half of him feeling disappointed since she might not make it to see him on stage.

“I will so you don't have to worry. Anyways, goodluck!” she encouraged him, and before he could thank her, she has already rushes somewhere else.

Seeing her figure slowly disappearing from his sight, Taerae averted his attention to the stage. The excitement from talking with Haseul slowly fades away, being replaced with the rising anxiety.

He then was startled by someone grabbing his left arm out of nowhere. That someone turned out to be Yunseo, who's now attempting to draw on his arm using the blue inked pen.

“What are you doing?” Taerae tried to stop her from jotting down the ink on his forearm. “Why the hell are you drawing on my arms? Go find some papers instead”

“Sit still” she said, not even budging. She was too focused on drawing the little stars on his forearm and completely ignoring his small naggings.

He then gave up on trying to protest and ended up letting her do whatever she wills. His gaze fell on the seven stars that she drew on his forearm.

“Seriously, what are you doing?” he huffed.

“This is your lucky charm. Notice how I draw seven stars there?” she pointed at the seven stars that she drew on his forearm, making Taerae questions the meaning behind it. “It's because your lucky number is seven”

“I don't believe in lucky numbers. Besides how do you even know what my lucky numbers are? You could've just pick a random number and tell everyone that it brings you luck”

“It's not just a random number, trust me”

Watching how he doubted her and attempted to clear out the ink painted on his forearm, Yunseo stopped him from doing so. “Don't ever erase them” her tone was stern, which was quite scary to Taerae.

Slowly, he lets his hands drop to his side, stealing one last glance at Yunseo.

“Just do your best and believe in yourself. Whatever happens, you just need to know that I'm always with you” the affirmative words brought a smile upon him as he nods.