CUPID [ 06 ]

“I can't believe that I have her phone number now” his eyes stay glued to the screen, staring at the ten digits in his contact list in awe. It all happened too fast for him.

Ignoring the flustered boy, Yunseo took the guitar placed at the corner of the room into her hand. Taerae could feel the bed sinking as she took place beside him, both of them now sitting on the soft mattress.

His smile dropped as soon as he saw the guitar she was holding. Snatching it from her, she frowned.

“Who gives you the permission to touch my property?” Taerae asked in monotone.

She glared at him to show dissatisfaction towards the boy, “What a stingy prick”

“This guitar is very precious to me, I can't risk any damage” he shrugged, stroking the guitar as if it's the most fragile thing in the world.

He really loves the guitar, the thoughts alone successfully bring a smile on her. No matter how cold he is towards her, she can't deny it that Taerae is wholesome at times.

“So what song are you going to perform for the event?” she decided to change the topic.

Taerae seems to think for a while, “I haven't think about it yet”

“Then maybe you should perform Haseul's favorite song” Taerae snapped his head to the girl beside him. It was a good idea, but he never take any note on Haseul's favorite songs.

“Don't tell me that I have to ask her what's her favorite song this time. I don't want to look desperate and obvious” he complained.

Yunseo gave a few pats on the boy's back, “Don't worry. You don't have to do that because I already know all of the things about her that you don't know”

Her words lightened up a spark of hope in him before he turned to look at Yunseo with puppy eyes. An awkward smile could be seen as he uttered, “Then tell me. All about her”

Yunseo supressed a smile full of meaning, “Well, you have to work for it”

His brows arched in unison, aware of the conditions that are going to be put on him.

“Take me out”

Seeing how he was taken aback by her request, Yunseo already know that he was getting the wrong idea. He must've thought that she demanded him to take her out on a date, though that's not what she meant.

Slowly growing alert of how wrong she worded the phrase, she spoke up before he could, “Not that kind, silly. I'm telling you to go on a one-day trip with me, so pack up”

+++

The next day, Taerae took a bus to go on their one-day trip, along with Yunseo. Taerae thought that her suggestion was too sudden, but either way he still have to do as told since Yunseo promised to tell him more about Haseul after they were done with the trip.

They decided to go to a small town which took about 45 minutes to arrive.

“Can I sit here?” asked a woman in her 20-s, Taerae instantly turned to look at the seat at his right side.

To others, the seat might be empty. In Taerae's eyes however, there's Yunseo who was sitting there. Yunseo shook her head an eager ‘no’ while gesturing Taerae to tell the woman to find another seat.

Taerae cleared his throat before he placed his bag on the seat next to him, “I'm sorry, but the seat is taken” he flashed the stranger a small smile, and she seems to understand before walking away.

“Why do you even take a bus when you can just teleport there? This is just stupid” Taerae bluntly said in low voice, aiming towards Yunseo.

“Because I miss what it feels like to be a human”