CUPID [ 12 ]

As usual, Ricky got off his bike and took off his helmet before he head off to the school gate. Except this time, he could feel not only one pair of eyes staring at him, but there's many of them.

Why is everyone paying a little bit too much attention to him today? He knows he looks good everyday, but did he really look that good today?

And when he eavesdropped on the conversation of one of his junior, he finally got an idea of what's happening.

"That's Ricky, right? He's the one who cheated on his girlfriend" the juniors murmured, but instantly looked away once Ricky shoot glares towards them.

Why is everyone suddenly talking about it?

And most importantly, how did they found out about him cheating on Haseul?

It's the same situation the moment when he stepped inside his classroom. All eyes are on him, and there's this strange atmosphere created once he took steps closer to his group of friends.

Hanbin, Matthew and Gyuvin steal glances at each other upon seeing Ricky walking up to them. The fact that Ricky would date multiple girls at a time wasn't shocking to them. But they were just wondering how Ricky would handle the whole situation since the other students has discovered his true nature.

"Which one of you started this rumour?"

"Rumour?" Gyuvin scoffed. "Haven't you seen how chaotic the student community sites are rn?"

The student community sites?

Ricky instantly opened the community site where it was specially created for students in the school. Through that community site, students are able to post anything they want. Therefore it wasn't shocking that every students are very up to date to every kind of rumours that are going around the school.

And now, it seems like Ricky's scandal is the hot topic at the moment. Someone posted a picture of him and Nari at a cafe, and the shot was right when Nari leaned into him.

The grip on his phone tightened. The photo was posted anonymously, therefore he can't identify the person behind it.

Ruined.

Everything has been ruined for him.

His reputation, and also the dare.

Once the news get to Haseul, it's over. So before she could end things, Ricky decided that he's going to be the first to end things between them.

There's no use of trying to pretend anymore. So he might as well as just break her heart now.

+++

Haseul couldn't focus in class at all. Honestly, she'd rather skip classes and run away. Anywhere, as long as there's no one there. She has been trying so hard to stop herself from crying. For now, she managed to control herself. But what if she sees Ricky again?

She didn't want to believe the pictures. She was hoping for the pictures to be fake, or at least there's a different context behind it. She was hoping that his love for her was true. Anything that could convince her to keep the relationship going.

Raising her hand, she asked for permission to go to the toilet, when she knew she wasn't going to head there in the first place.

She needs to see Ricky.

She needs to confront him about it. Or to be exact, she needs him to explain to her that all of it wasn't true. That he didn't cheat on her and all of it was just a false accusation.