CUPID [ 05 ]

The cafeteria was loud, but the loudness just keep increasing as soon as Ricky walked in with a girl by his side. Everyone there playfully cooed at the new couple, except for one person–Taerae.

He knows he shouldn't be feeling jealous but he's a human with feelings after all. He does feel guilty for being envious of his own bestfriend but should he? Everyone in the school knows that Haseul is only going to get dumped by Ricky by the end of the day, yet none of them speak up about it.

For the sake of brotherhood, they said.

“The hot couple is here!” Gyuvin informed, gaining unnecessary amount of attentions from students in the cafeteria.

Taerae saw how Haseul shyly smiled as she let out a small laugh that never fails to make his heart skipped a beat. His eyes kept trailing her; from how happy she looked standing next to Ricky, to how the red tint on her cheeks were visible when she noticed the way Ricky was looking at her.

“Come on, don't look at her for too long or else she will notice you” a soft voice interrupted his thoughts.

Yunseo.

All Taerae could do was stay silent as he averted his gaze somewhere else. He can't speak to her right now since they're at a crowded place.

“Look at that, how sweet...” Iseul sat in an empty spot next to Taerae, observing the couple. Taerae could not agree more. His insides were burning with jealousy the moment Ricky wiped the cream stain on the corner of his girlfriend's lips.

The action done by the boy earned lots of playful coos, not missing out on some grossed out remarks by the boys too for acting all lovey dovey in front of them.

Yunseo noticed how quiet Taerae was compared to the other boys. He hasn't said anything ever since Ricky and Haseul showed up.

Taerae cocked an eyebrow when Yunseo tapped on his shoulder, “Meet me at the rooftop” she says before disappearing into thin air.

The boy was contemplating whether to follow the command or just stay at the cafeteria with the boys. But then again, he don't see the point of staying there. He can't bear with the pain.

He stood up, the others now have their attention on him. “I'm heading to my class”

“Why though? Recess is not going to end anytime soon” Matthew questioned. He was weirded out since recess is going to end in 20 minutes yet Taerae seems to be rushing.

“I just have to grab some stuff I left there”

Everyone seems to believe the lie that he told, so he was dismissed without any doubts.

+++

“It hurts, doesn't it?” she suddenly asked, making the corner of his lips curved up into a sarcastic smile. “Just go straight to the point”

“Damn I can't even have a deep talk with you. I was just trying to understand you. Be nice to me at least”

“I was nice enough to put up with these nonsense” Taerae massaged his temple. He just hoped that Yunseo would cut the conversation short.

“Okay, so I heard that this school is preparing for an art exhibition” Taerae just keep on listening, the silence in between allowed her to keep going.

He have heard of the art exhibition that will be held in 2 weeks. Half of the students in the school are helping for the preparation.