Part Three

Part Three

I'm thankful exams are done and dusted. Yes, I only had one but now I don't have to stress over that shit. It was a roller coaster of a week. One minute I was feeling super positive about the exam next minute I was stressing about it. Like a yoyo I went up and then I went back down, thankfully after the exam I went back up and stayed up.

It's currently Friday night and we're having a girls only night. I'm not sure how long that rule is going to last though. Tia is the only one asking if we can break it to let her guy of the moment over for the night. Nicola and Emily are absolutely adamant it's girls only. I honestly don't mind.

We aren't the only ones on the block celebrating the last day of exam week. The boys across the road have been pumping loud music and every so often their voices are just slightly louder than the music. They aren't having a full blown party but they definitely have friends over.

My phone vibrates in my pocket. I look around at my friends, Tia is in the middle of oversharing details about her new guy. Emily and Nicola are eating it up. I'm sure none of them will even notice I'm on my phone.

Girls only, really? – Tyler

He sends a picture of our front door. hanging above our front door is a sign that reads Girls Only. I grin, I bet Emily put that up.

Girls rule, boys drool – Nora

It's a childish response but I don't care. I've just put my phone under my leg when it vibrates again. I resist the urge to see what he replied and instead try to focus on the story Tia is telling.

"...but honestly, we need to liven this shit up. Can't we invite a couple people over?"

Huh, looks like I missed the entire story. What a pity. "It's girls night, we don't get many of those and besides we're celebrating that your exams are over." Nicola retorts.

"You guys didn't have exams, only Nora and I did. What exactly are you celebrating?"

Emily laughs. "you guys didn't have to listen to you two slowly losing your minds."

"Yes!" Nicola clinks her almost empty glass with Emily's. They laugh in unison before downing the last of their drinks. Tia rolls her eyes, grumbling into her glass.

"Why don't we do something else other than talk? That'll liven it up a little bit." I suggest, gesturing to our games shelf. We have all the exciting games. Monopoly, surgery, stack em, uno, phase ten, twister, the list goes on and on.

Nicola pouts. "I don't want to play boardgames...ohh how about a drinking game?"

Tia grins. "Now you're talking, let's take this party outside though. It's fucking hot and I want to go for a dip."

I grunt happily. "Fuck yes."

I don't even waste time by going upstairs to put on swimwear. I strip my shirt off on the way outside, sighing happily at the pool. Even in the dark it looks amazing. The outside lights turn on, Emily clapping as they do.

Our entire little backyard lights up like the dream scape Emily and Nicola spent an entire afternoon last year decorating it. Tia brings her speaker outside with a very enthusiastic grin on her face. Within moments, music is pouring out of the speaker, Nicola is fixing up more drinks and Emily is launching herself into the pool clothes and all.

I check my phone, staring at the reminder of Tyler's unanswered text. I should really extend the whole girls only thing to texting. Tyler can wait until later for a reply. The impatience in me wins though, I click on the message thread.