Part Six

Part Six

I feel warm and fuzzy. The feeling of being tipsy and high is a familiar comfort. Nicola is still passed out on the ground, the boys got her a pillow and blanket after she refused to get off the floor. All is fine and dandy hanging out with Bryce and Jason until Tia leaves me alone with them. I try to think about why I should be panicked about that, but I come up blank.

I mean sure, it scares me a little to be alone with Bryce, but I currently can't muster the energy or brain power to care. What's the worst that can happen? Jason is still here, he's our buffer and currently sitting between me and the walking talking fantasy.

"You know what I was thinking about earlier?" Jason asks, turning his head to look at me.

I lift a brow. "What's that?"

"You being a little wild one. I thought I had you all figured out. Quiet girl who knows how to get down but not very often. You've surprised me a little tonight."

I grin. "Oh yeah?" He nods. "There's a lot you don't know about me."

He laughs, passing the joint to Bryce. "Like what? Spill the beans, I'm very intrigued."

I don't know which one causes me to have no filter but the alcohol or the weed lets me say the first thing that comes to mind. "I took his virginity." I nod in Bryce's direction.

Bryce coughs several times mid drag. Jason laughs, shaking his head. "Come on, be serious."

I snort. "I am being serious." I smile widely even though I'm being dead serious.

Jason whips his head to Bryce. "Is she being serious?"

Bryce looks at me, confused but nods to his friend. "Yeah."

"WHAT? When? You were a virgin when you got here last year?" Jason rattles off questions, his volume slowly returning to normal.

"It was in high school." I provide the answer for Jason.

He turns his head back to me, shocked. "You guys went to high school together?"

I nod. "Yeah."

"And you took his virginity?"

I nod again. "He took mine too." I have no idea why I'm telling Jason this kind of information.

He laughs, smacking his leg. "You know I actually thought something was going on between you two last year..."

"Really?" I'm surprised. I thought I did an excellent job at hiding that. I wonder if anyone else question it like he did. Nah the girls would've said something otherwise.

"Wait, dude is she naughty nurse?" Jason turns to Bryce, smacking his arm.

Bryce hands him the joint, avoiding my eyes. Naught nurse? "What?" I ask cautiously. Jason takes a small drag of the joint before passing it to me.

"In his bedroom there's a picture on his desk of him and a naughty nurse from a costume party. You can't see the girls face."

Costume party? Oh no, there was a party in our senior year that we got all dressed up for. I went as a nurse, not necessarily a naughty one. Wait, Bryce still has that picture? And my face isn't in it?

"The picture got cropped. Not my doing." Bryce says as I open my mouth.

"It is her?" Jason laughs, clapping his hands. "Someone is still thinking about someone." He taps Bryce on the nose.

I giggle. Yeah, he could say that again but its really me he should be tapping on the nose. I'm the one flicking the bean to their ex.

"You have no idea." Bryce comments.