Part Two

Part Two

Four o'clock couldn't come any sooner. Today the clock seems to be ticking by so slowly. An hour feels like several. It's taken an eternity for four o'clock to finally come around. The worst part is time is going to fly by now. It's the law, it's how it works.

I stretch my arms above my head, waiting for Nicola to show up. She texted saying she was running late a little bit. I don't mind because we generally cross paths with Bryce several times during the hour we spend running through this trail. His car was already here when I pulled up and I haven't seen him in the five minutes I've been standing here.

He should be coming around any minute now. Maybe he'll come by before Nicola shows up and I can spend the entire time admiring him without anyone catching me. I lift my right leg, catching my foot with my hand and stretch my legs. I alternate a few times before bending over to touch my toes.

I switch to the other arm and toes, drawing in a deep breath. I can hear feet hitting the pavement coming to my right. I suck in a sharp breath wondering if its Bryce. I switch to the other arm quickly then panic and straighten up. I don't want to miss him running by me.

I look to my right and sure enough it is him. He's running in slow motion in. He doesn't look all that sweaty yet, maybe it's his first lap around the trail. His arms bent and tucked to his sides, his hands in fists moving as his legs push him along. He gets closer to me, his serious focused face relaxing as he looks at me.

His mouth moves first, turning up at the side to flash me his pearly whites. His eyes open wider as he looks up at me, and I'm sure they are their usual stunning blue colour. His head lifts up, his mouth moving as he slows and eventually stops in front of me.

His mouth continues moving like he's talking to me but I don't hear a single word he's saying. His brows knit together, a look of concern spreading over his features.

I blink, readjusting to my surroundings. Uni trial. You're going for a run. "What?"

He laughs. "I said you've got a friend." He points to my shoulder.

I turn my head to find a bug sitting on my shoulder staring up at me. I squeal, flicking it off and proceed to shudder moving away from the bug. "Oh my god, why didn't you flick it off?" I rub my shoulder aggressively.

"He was just chilling out."

I glare at him. "Chill out. Bloody Christ." I mutter.

"You running solo today?" he looks around for my running partner, Nicola but she's still not here yet.

I shake my head. "She's running late today."

"Well, I better get back to it, see you around, Emily." He starts moving again.

I smile. "Yeah, see you around."

He flashes me his teeth again before jogging off. I tilt my head watching his shorts riding up his legs and back down again. The band of his shorts sit dangerously low on his hips too. Bryce takes good care of his body, something he's always done even in high school but I don't ever remember him looking this good.

His back is even nicely toned. I sigh happily, taking several mental pictures to add to the bean bank. I chuckle at the ridiculous name.

"Hey, sorry I'm late."

I scream, flinching big time at Nicola's booming voice. I turn to look at her surprised. She shakes her head, laughing at me. "Fuck, Nicola." I cover my heart as it races a million miles an hour. I feel like my entire life just flashed before my eyes.

Shit, did she see me totally checking Bryce out? She doesn't look like she totally busted me doing that. She starts stretching her arms. "Sorry, I thought you heard me say your name."