Part Five

Part Five

Tonight, is the midyear party at the boy's house. A lot of people from our uni is going to be there. Not only are we celebrating making it halfway through the uni year but exams for term one is done and dusted. And on top of that we've all managed to survive with some of our insanity intact. I'm so keen for tonight I've already started drinking.

I downed my first two shots at ten am before Emily dragged me to the shops for a new outfit just for tonight. I thought shopping with Tia was mental, Emily gives her a run for her money. Surprisingly the other two girls managed to get out of joining us. Emily has tried on several stores twice and we've had lunch and she still hasn't found what she's looking for.

I've already said yes to several outfits I thought looked amazing on her but she's not convinced. We're nearing one thirty in the afternoon and I'm losing the buzz I managed to continue with lunch. Thankfully the current store we're in has comfortable chairs.

I have my legs dangling over the armrest as I lounge, scrolling through my social media while Emily tries on her ten millionth outfit for the day.

"Are we nearing the end of this journey, or should I order an alcohol delivery? Do you think they would bring it to me here?" I wonder curiously. You can order alcohol to your door these days, why not to the local shopping centre.

"Nothing looks right so no. And I don't think they would bring it to you."

I pout, locking my phone and dropping it on my chest. I turn my head as she steps out of the dressing room. She's wearing a glittery purple dress with sequins. Every single sequin catches the bright lights in the dressing room and shimmers beautiful.

"That's the one, you look amazing."

She sighs, turning each and every way in the mirror before her shoulders sag. "It doesn't feel right."

I groan. "What exactly are you looking for, Emily?"

"I don't know." She mutters disappearing into the stall.

I stare up at the ceiling praying for more patience. My phone vibrates on my chest. A teasing emoji message from Tyler. He's sent several emojis of mice and cheese. I roll my eyes and send back several of my own emojis, mostly clothing ones.

"Are you dressing up for someone else?" I ask, looking over at the stall. I can see Emily's feet under the stall and don't mistake the way they suddenly stop moving.

"No...why?"

I lift a brow. "Kind of seems like you are."

"Is it that obvious?" she asks, poking her head out of the door.

I shrug, my phone vibrating again. "It's nothing to be ashamed of. It's okay to dress up for someone else. Just as long as you're happy with yourself." I tell her before checking the message.

Can you at least give me a clean shirt for tonight? – Tyler

Go buy one – Nora

"I am happy with myself." Emily disappears back into the stall.

I swing my legs off the arm rest and sit up properly. "Do I know the guy you're dressing for?"

"Ah...maybe..."

I snort, crossing my legs. "Are you dressing up for Bryce?" I ask. Bryce is her ex from high school, the guy she claims she's definitely over. The very same guy she's been flicking the bean to while still claiming it means nothing.

I wonder what it's like for Emily to have her high school ex living across the street from her.  Nobody else has clued in that they use to date and neither of them have said anything to anyone. I just happen to know because of that one fateful night I overheard her proclamation of his name during her bean flicking session.