Part Four

Part Four

I don't even know if I'm sure about...about what Tyler?! I've wanted to scream the question from my bedroom window for the last hour. I've turned back into the stressful yoyo I was all week about exams except its about Tyler. Was Jason just messing around by saying my name because he knew I could hear them? Was Tyler about to say he's not even sure if he actually likes me? Does he even like me?

I roll my face into my pillow and scream from the frustration. I could very easily get the answer I want but then I'd have to explain myself. I'd have to tell Tyler I was in his room at that current moment in time listening to that conversation. Then I'd have to confess how I really feel, and I don't know if I can do that right now. I can't even admit out loud to my friends that I like him, no matter how obvious it is.

My bedroom door squeaks open. "Nora?" Tia says quietly.

I lift my head off the pillow and look over at her poking her inside the room. "What's up?"

"I can't sleep, can I sleep in your bed tonight?" she asks.

I nod, rolling onto my back and pat the free side of the bed. She closes the door and launches herself onto the bed. "Everything okay?" I ask, rolling to face her.

She rolls onto her side, tapping my nose with her finger. "I miss the sleepovers we used to have when we were younger, they were some of the best nights of my life."

I smile fondly at the memories she's talking about. The sleepovers that were the best ones were when it was just her and me. We'd build pillow and blanket forts in the rumpus room, play boardgames and video games until ungodly hours. Mum always made us the best snacks and meals over the weekend. When we were really young, we used to play dress ups.

"They were pretty great."

She grins, closing her eyes. "Can we talk honestly for a moment?"

I laugh lightly. "I thought we always do that."

She opens one eye to give me a look before shushing me. "I want to ask you something..."

My stomach swirls with nerves, Tyler rushing to the front of my mind. She's going to ask me about him isn't she? I can tell her, can't I? She has been my best friend for so long, it seems almost wrong to not be talking to her about this. Tia and I have always discussed guys, Tyler's is the first one I've never openly discussed with her. I don't really know why.

"Is it about Tyler?" I whisper.

She opens her eyes, nodding. "Do you like him?"

"He seems like a decent guy." I shrug like its nothing. I'm not wrong though, he is more than decent though. He's amazing actually.

"He is but I mean do you like like him?"

I pull the inner part of my bottom lip into my teeth, nibbling as I stare into her eyes. Her beautiful shiny blue eyes that are reading my every thought. She knows the answer, but she wants to hear it.

"Yes." I whisper, the sound of my voice almost inaudible.

She grins. "Now that you've said it out loud to someone else, do you feel a little better?"

I think about her words and wonder if I do. Do I feel a little relieved that I've verbalised my feelings? That I feel better that saying I like him feels a little more real then just living inside my head with this fantasy.

"A little, yeah."

"Good because I think you should work up to telling him." she squeezes my hand under the covers.