A Christmas dare

Summary: She had it all figured out. She was going to kiss him and he was going to kiss her back. She'd tell him it was a dare and they'd pretend everything was the same and their friendship would still be intact, as they always seem to do. She thought of all possible scenarios. What she definitely did not consider was that Stiles wouldn't want to kiss her back.

xxx

For the prompt: Imagine your OTP running into each other under the mistletoe. Person A blushes and goes to suggest that they don't have to kiss but Person B cuts them off with a kiss. Stydia one-shot.

xxx

In the last few months, things have been good.

Despite the pack's constant encounter with new supernatural beings that threaten their lives, relationships bloomed in one way or another. Scott and Kira are definitely a couple now and finally the Sheriff found the right way to ask Melissa out on a date. Derek and Braeden have been together since the beginning and Liam has been seeing a girl he met on a Halloween party. As for Malia, she eventually figured out her boyfriend is in love with somebody else and let him off the hook, and she's now more interested in skyping with a certain let-me-use-a-scarf-it-might-be-cold werewolf.

That's when everyone thought it would happen. Everyone aside from Stiles and Lydia, apparently, since they are the only ones who don't seem to realize this is their time to be together. Sure, the pair has been spending more time together and they actually seem to enjoy it, but neither has made a move so far and no one asks why. They probably just need time to figure it out.

The problem is they are driving everyone insane. When the pack is together, anyone can see how happy and enthusiastic Stiles and Lydia are around the other; they may even look a little infatuated. At some point, however, something happens and it begins. The sexual tension that not only Stiles and Lydia feel, but everyone else. It's almost palpable and that's usually when the pack will make some shitty excuse to leave. More in hopes of not having to stand it for long, but also to let them both do something about. They never do.

Everyone is frustrated, even Malia. She's actually the one coming up with the idea, mostly because she's still new at the whole human thing, so she's the one struggling the most with said tension, but also because she did not break up with Stiles only to have the pair separated. It's December 21st and the girls settled at Kira's for a night in; it's cold outside and they just want to have a little fun.

"Can we play truth or dare?" Malia suggests innocently. "I've never played before."

The girls agree sprightly, surely helped by a few empty glasses of strawberry dreamsicle. It starts easy, a few small truths rolling out of their tongues and some fun dares around the group, but it suddenly becomes a little more intimate when they start talking about their feelings. Even though Braeden goes with dare (she'll have to profess her feelings for Derek in front of everyone but she'll have to try not to laugh at the face they all know he'll make), Kira confesses she and Scott already did it and Malia is more than excited to share with them that Isaac will be back in Beacon Hills in time for the holidays and she might be starting to develop some feelings for him she can't quite place yet. Not that it's a lie, but it is the perfect excuse for the following events concerning Lydia.

"Your turn," Malia says smiling wide. "Lydia, truth or dare?"

No, Lydia Martin is not gonna talk about her feelings. And there's something about Malia's grin that makes Lydia go with "Dare." She regrets it immediately.

"Okay." Exactly what the girls wanted. "You'll have to kiss Stiles. On the lips. And with tongue. It has to last at least 30 seconds and it has to be in front of everyone, or else we won't take your word for it."