The rule of three

Summary: Stiles and Lydia prepare to tell their family that Lydia is pregnant. They end up finding out that she's not the only one.

A/N - For stydia-fanfiction on tumblr, for the prompt "PregnantLydia! Established Relationship, also with a bit of the sherif and Melissa marriage. Stiles and Lydia a newlywed and just found out that they're pregnant and that it's a honeymoon baby. They having dinner with stiles dad, Melissa, Scott & Kira to tell them the good news only to be told that all the couples are in the same boat."

Personally, I really like writing Chris and Natalie dating. I don't know why, but it just works for me. I think it would be great having Chris back. And because I feel like Natalie should be there when Stiles and Lydia announce her pregnancy, I included both Natalie and Chris in the family reunion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Stiles, stop fidgeting. You're making me nervous," Lydia mutters under her breath, placing one of her hands on her husband's and entwining her fingers with his as they walk the distance to his old house.

They'd parked the Jeep a block away from home because Lydia had insisted on it. They'd argued because Stiles didn't want her to strain herself and Lydia kept saying that she can walk perfectly. She's only three months pregnant, it's not like her belly will affect her motor skills. Not so soon, anyway.

There's also Lydia's concern about her dress. The pregnancy is supposed to be a surprise but because she's already showing, she chose a larger, long dress. She knows it's summer and a lot of people use large dresses this time of the year but she usually doesn't, so she's pretty sure everyone will see right through her.

"I don't get how you're so calm about this," Stiles mumbles, bringing their hands up to kiss Lydia's knuckles, turning right at the end of the street they're on and finally seeing his house up ahead. He's missed it.

She rolls her eyes. "Stiles, we're telling our family I'm pregnant. We're not confessing to committing a murder."

"Might as well." He's so nervous about it that he's come up with about five excuses to escape their weekend back home already.

The rest of the way is spent bickering, of course. When they're on his father's doorstep and Lydia rings the bell because Stiles can't bring himself to, she kisses his cheek swiftly before they're interrupted. Before he asks her what that was for, she holds his hand tighter. "I love you. We love you. Everything is going to be alright."

She smiles softly and he grins like the fool he is, and when the front door is opened he's too busy kissing his wife to notice.

xxxxxxxxxx

Stiles still remembers the time when Friday nights with his dad meant take away and plastic containers with leftovers. Now it's always home cooked meals by Melissa when the kids come back home to visit the family. He loves it.

It still doesn't make him feel less uneasy about he's about to share.

It's a great feeling though, coming home to everyone. They haven't seen them since their wedding three months ago and they've missed everyone to death. His kitchen even seems different than he remembers it, his mother and father with a little Stiles and then his father and Melissa and everyone else on opposite ends of such a good scale of his memories. He feels grateful for it.

He looks around to find his family beaming because of the family reunion. They'd thought it would take longer this time for the kids to come back. It had been chance that brought them together now. Stiles and Lydia had decided to come back for a weekend to share the news, and it so happened to be exactly around the time his dad invited them to stay over. Scott and Kira also happened to be in Beacon Hills that same weekend.