A knight in shining armor

Summary: While trying to save Lydia from Eichen House, Stiles is kidnapped. Beaten up, Stiles fights his best to stay conscious for long enough to save his strawberry blonde.

Rating: Teen and Up Audiences

xxx

He's sure that this last blow just broke one of his ribs; the piercing, breathtaking pain gnawing at him on his left side flank. Because of how strong it was, Stiles bends forward and falls to his knees with a grunt, his right hand quickly searching for his hurt side like it can soothe any of his pain, his left finding the ground for support. He barely has time to catch his breath when he's punched again, twice now, and at the second one Stiles loses his focus for a couple of seconds, sees stars behind his closed eyelids while the guy beating him up just laughs.

Stiles tastes the metallic fluid in his mouth yet again, for the fourth time today already. Disgusted - and even if his jaw and cheekbones hurt like a bitch since he's been harmed repeatedly as to not make much of a sound -, Stiles spits the blood to the ground as close to his attacker as he can manage to be rewarded with a kick, on his right side this time. He bends to the left in pain, now falling to the ground completely helpless, his labored breathing faltering every once in a while. Stiles refuses to moan or whine in pain and he has done so for the past two days, almost three now, the only thing coming out of his lips being low grunts or groans in mere hums. It only seems to entice his attacker more.

The orderly is not even that much bigger than Stiles and even as a human - well, partly -, Stiles could probably take him if he wasn't so weak. Ever since he got to Eichen House and got caught, Stiles hasn't eaten anything or drank any water but he wasn't complaining; he needed to save as much strength as he could. And all for Lydia.

The routine had been the same every time: the guy would come into the cell Stiles was being held hostage in, ask him questions that Stiles refused to answer, beat him up until Stiles was almost passing out and walk out of the cell, only to come back shortly after to inject Stiles with some serum, drugging him to the point of unconsciousness, bending the rules.

Stiles is not sure what those shots are doing to him but they leave Stiles completely numb, and he can't help but to think that it has to be related to his somethingness. It's something he can't ignore anymore; inexplicable things have happened to him a few times in the past and if he concentrates, Stiles can make things happen. Like that one time when he broke free from his restraints here at Eichen or when he was able to complete the circle with the little ashwood he had in his hand almost two years ago, all just by believing and concentrating on his goal. And there's also the fact that he has always healed remarkably fast, a fact that the asshole beating him up seems to know about; if Stiles was just human, he'd probably be in the brink of death by now.

Thankfully, Stiles predicted this, or at least most of it. As soon as he found out that Lydia had been taken - and after, again, recovering too fast from another car crash that should have left him dead -, Stiles found Deaton and opened up for the first time regarding his suspicions about himself. Together, they researched but the only conclusion they came to is that Stiles is something, along with another reveal. Something that Stiles had always wondered about but never really explored; Stiles and Lydia are indeed connected, and if there's someone who would be able to find her, to save her, it's Stiles.

They came up with a plan along with Scott, a plan that the others weren't so sure about but that Stiles was irrevocably convinced would work no matter what happened to him in the process. He'd infiltrate Eichen, look around for Lydia, make sure that she was okay and get her the hell out of there, simple like that. Of course Scott was forbidden of telling the Sheriff about it. If Stiles was the only one who could find and save Lydia, nothing would get in his way. Scott was to say nothing to the older man and wait for Stiles' signal.