Orange and blue, orange and blue everywhere

Summary: Lydia surprises Stiles on his birthday morning. 

A/N: From one of stydia-fanfiction 's prompts for the Stydia Writing Challenge. I hope you guys love it as much as I do.

I'll leave you links on the comments below:

- The link to this story on AO3 because there I inserted links on the items in case you want to check them out and die of cuteness while picturing everything. Warning: You'll melt!
- The links to fan art that was drawn for this fic specifically (which I'm in love with!).

xxx

He wakes up to the smell of bacon. And pancakes, he can smell pancakes too. Regardless of assuming that his wife is probably in the kitchen, nothing deters him from reaching out for her on the bed just to feel the empty space she left behind, the sheets cold where she was supposed to be. Rolling around to check the time, Stiles finds a note by their alarm clock with his name written in the beautiful, neat handwriting of his favorite redhead. Turning it around, he finds the only words that will ever matter to him.

I love you

Stiles grins despite himself. Ten years ago Lydia barely knew who he was, would walk past him without a second look; now his name is the one she moans, he's the one she always seeks be it for the good or the bad times. He's the one who makes her happy even after everything they've been through, and she does the exact same thing for him.

Moving in together had seemed the logical step to take after college. They had been apart then, trying their best and unexpectedly succeeding at keeping a long distance relationship only to get back to each other as soon as it was over. Even if Stiles could have sworn that Lydia Martin would never return to Beacon Hills again in her life, she did. And she went back for him. A year later they tied the knot. He can attest that these have been the best 5 months of his life so far.

Stiles gets up from the bed and stretches lazily. It's his birthday, and as he makes his way to the bathroom, he wonders. He's actually quite curious to see what Lydia came up with; surprises are not really her thing. She's been looking at him funny lately, surreptitiously glancing at him every now and then without really explaining why. Stiles can only imagine how hard it's been for her to keep whatever it is a secret. She keeps looking at him like she might blurt it out at any moment. Still he didn't push her; it's far too amusing seeing Lydia look at him like that. And she will surely have to top his surprise for her birthday a few weeks ago: a romantic getaway for the weekend. Washing his face quickly as excitement bubbles up in his chest, Stiles hurries up in the bathroom and heads downstairs.

He finds her in the kitchen facing away, focused on something she's doing by the nearest counter and surrounded by food that she probably prepared specifically for him in celebration of his birthday, but even if he's famished, the food is not what catches his attention. It's Lydia, of course; Lydia steals the scene easily because she's in what Stiles can describe – if he could pronounce words, that is – as the only outfit that can bring him to his knees in the blink of an eye.

It's a babydoll he bought for her from Victoria's Secret on their first Valentine's day together after they started dating, and it's all but shy of exposed skin. A silky, satin slip with lace and a low back that fits her frame perfectly, the darkness of its tone contrasting blissfully against Lydia's fair skin. And it's short, so incredibly short that the only reason he's not seeing her ass completely is because he's standing up and is much taller than her. But he can see past the translucent material that she's only wearing panties underneath and no bra, just the way he likes it. Seeing Lydia like that knocks the breath out of him every damn time.