Early Christmas kiss

Summary: Stiles convinces Lydia to take a much needed break from studying.

Author's note: Written for Kaitlyn, little-loving-lefty on tumblr. Expect quite a few updates/new fics in the next couple of days.

Happy holidays, everyone 🎁🎄

xxxxxxxxxx

Lydia stretches her arms high above her head, trying to relax her muscles to dissipate the numbness from being in the same position for quite a while.

Stiles eyes with interest from where he is by the desk, reveling about how comfortable Lydia is with him now, in a large sweater and leggings, make-up free and her hair tied almost carelessly, legs crossed under her on his bed as they go almost four hours into their studying session, the banshee just being herself around him like it's the most natural thing she's ever done in her life, and it's been more and more recurrent now that they've been at Stanford for a few months, by themselves and with no one to judge them.

She lets out a hiss, her back aching a little in discomfort. Stiles uses it as an excuse immediately, closing his laptop and getting up from his chair. "I think it's time for a break, don't you?"

Lydia rolls her eyes. It's the third time he's tried this in the last hour and she can't let him distract her. She won't. She needs to study. "Stiles, I'm not finished on my notes and finals are coming up, you know that."

Stiles goes sit next to her on the bed. "I know, but if anyone is ready to ace those exams, that's you, Lyds. I'm 100% sure of it," he offers, a cheeky grin on his face. "And besides, you can always revise later. You've known everything for months! It's just a little break, alright? And we still have a bit of the afternoon left..." he says, hopeful.

She stops his rambling, actually wanting to loosen up a bit. "Define little."

Stiles beams. He knows he's won. "Well, it'll always depend on what you compare it with," he smiles, adding a little wink and bumping his shoulder with hers playfully.

Lydia intended on rolling her eyes, but instead she blushes.

(Stiles winking is the cutest thing she's ever seen, alright? She can't help herself.)

He blushes too, surprised by her reaction. It's something that's been happening more and more often lately, and he can't help but to believe that they're getting closer - and fast - to whatever they're destined to be. He's been waiting it out and Lydia seems to be doing the same thing but maybe it'll come sooner than they thought.

Before things get awkward, Lydia breaks the gaze and looks away, her sight focusing on his bedroom window instead. She gets up from the bed, intrigued by what she sees.

Stiles, of course, follows her.

"Look, Stiles. It's snowing," she exclaims excitedly.

He peeks over her shoulder to find snow molding into their view of his parking lot, the park right next to it covered in white. "Lets go downstairs," he murmurs, all too close to her ear.

"We should be studying," she tells him, still looking out the window.

"Come on," he insists playfully, getting a little closer to her. Lydia shakes her head, her pursed lips giving in to a smile when Stiles continues murmuring. "It's almost Christmas and it's snowing..."

(She hates him.)

"Pleaseeeeeee," he whines. "If you..." He thinks for a few moments, trying to persuade her. "Tell you what. If you come with me to check out the snow, I'll let you throw snowballs at me," he jokes, wiggling his eyebrows playfully. "It'll help you relax, come on. You deserve it."