𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

    "DO YOU SOLEMNLY PROMISE AND SWEAR TO GOVERN THE PEOPLE OF APOLLO ACCORDING TO THEIR RESPECTIVE LAWS AND CUSTOMS?" The archbishop spoke, his eyes on Astrid who stood at the podium. The audience was quiet, an unspoken tension flitted through the air. It was the first Apollo had seen Astrid since the passing of the late Queen. Despite all the emotional turmoil that she had been thrown into, she held herself strong.

   In the past few days, as she discussed with the communications managers and her team about the coronation, she had an epiphany. She needed to be strong, and as much as it killed her, she needed to stop wallowing in her bedroom. Apollo needed a Queen, not a grieving princess. And it was this thought that seemed to ease her mind of the gut-wrenching grief she felt. Her mother and father would've wanted this for her to stand for Apollo. The staff of the palace had seen the change in Astrid; the color filling her cheeks, the light returning to her eyes, her genuine smile. She was herself again, although there will always be a small part of her that will never go back to how she used to be.

    The weight of the crown sat perfectly on Astrid's head. Crafted from the finest gold, the crown was a true masterpiece of artistry and engineering. The base was adorned with intricate filigree, depicting scenes of the queen's ancestors and their triumphs. The focal point of the crown was a breathtaking diamond that glimmered in the light, reflecting its kaleidoscope of colors throughout the room.