Stage one: Audition

Nezuko Kamado flipped a page of an Akuma magazine as she anxiously waited for her name called by the ravenette secretary. Nezuko bit her lip in apprehension when she calculated her competitors. These girls had pretty faces, with Coach handbags attached to their hips, and they wore vintage clothes that Nezuko could never afford in a million years.

Nezuko didn't fit in with these girls at all. She knew it too by the supercilious gazes they shot at her. Nezuko heard the other girls cackle like catty hyenas. Nezuko rolled her eyes in indignation. She knew they portrayed her as the butt of their joke.

Nezuko sighed at her perturbed thoughts. Nezuko decided to quit dwelling on those girls, and focus at the magazine she held. Nezuko still couldn't fathom that she might have the chance to be the next model in this particular magazine. Nezuko wanted to be a famous fashion designer, but she knew this might be her big break to be in the clothing field. Nezuko flipped the next page before her breath caught in her throat. Nezuko was captivated by the pretty young model named Muichiro Tokito.

Nezuko ould admit her strong ambition for this audition had a lot to do with the long black to mint green haired beauty. Nezuko wanted to meet her teen idol and her long-time crush that she only knew from afar. Muichiro Tokito was her teenage dream. Nezuko knew if she aced this audition; Muichiro Tokito would be her model partner. It wasn't just because of his handsome kinda girl looking looks and those mint ocean colored like eyes that made her heart swoon. Additionally, It was how he portrayed himself in those glittered magazines.

It astounded her that Muichiro Tokito, who was at the tender age of six, could put on such a front for the camera. It kept Nezuko guessing on who really was Muichiro Tokiti? Who was the boy with the many faces?

"Madame Kamado," The secretary addressed her in a clipped tone.

"Present!" Nezuko squeaked as she bolted out of her chair.

"Master Tokito will see you now," The secretary said as she beckoned Nezuko to follow her.

Nezuko lushed as she passed by the animated girls. Some snickered as they pointed at her like she was a comical sight. The moment the secretary turned her head and glared at them harshly. They froze their positions like mannequins at a clothing store. Nezuko gave the secretary a grateful smile, which she only nodded for her reply.

The secretary led her down a long, narrow hallway that reminded her of a complex labyrinth. The walls were covered with a tacky yellow wallpaper, and was dotted with various photos of models. Nezuko twiddled her thumbs nervously, while she tried to ignore the swirling butterflies in the pit of her stomach. Nezuko reminisced her best friend, Makomo, propitious words and text messages. Makomo had faith in her that she could do this. Nezuko would not let her friend down, so she needed to pull herself together.

"The key is to not let them get to you," The secretary said wisely, which snapped Nezuko out of her reverie.

"Pardon?" Nezuko inquired with a frown.

"If you want to be a model and pursue in this kind of business. You need to learn to endure people's critical words and compose yourself," The secretary proceeded like there was no gap in their conversation.

"Even so, the true beauty of being a model is to express yourself, instead of hiding it behind a mask," Nezuko piqued passionately. The secretary froze for a moment as she contemplated Nezuko's words.

"In a way you're right, sometimes being sincere is better than being plastic," The secretary replied before they strode forward again in heavy silence.

Nezuko hated awkward silence, and it encouraged herself to make an abrupt conversation.