Stage three: Put On A Show

When Nezuko Kamado was younger, she used to dress up and pretended to be a character from a fairy tale. Now, her sentiment of that fantasy as a small child had changed rapidly right at this moment. The girl who stared back at her was not someone she wanted to be. She had on a pink dress, with black geometric stripes on it, and her hair was in a perfect up-do. Nezuko had to play the part as a beautiful girlfriend, with her boy candy, Muichiro Tokito. Nezuko still couldn't believe that she agreed to this condition, but there was no turning back now. She already consulted with her father's lawyer and signed Mushu Tokito's contract.

"Are you decent?" Muichiro inquired in a shy voice as he knocked on her dressing room door.

"Ummm, yeah," Nezuko replied meekly as she snapped out of her perturbed thoughts.

Mr. Tokito decided the best way to announce their dating status would be on live television. Particularly, an interview with 'Simon Says Show': where a lot of celebrities discussed and confirmed the 411. Sometimes, the host, Simon Grimault. He would demand a lot of personal questions from the celebrities, and they're obliged to answer no matter how uncomfortable it was. Simon was very cunning and very manipulative, so she had to be vigilant on her answers. He had a tendency to be melodramatic with rumors, even though there was no rumor, to begin with.

"You look beautiful," Muichiro said to her, which made her blush madly.

Her breath got caught in her throat when she took in Muichiro's attire. He had on a black suit, with a few of his buttons opened, and his hair looked spiky. Was it possible for her to have died and gone to heaven on the spot?

"Really, you think so? Well, you're way more beautiful than me. Wait a minute, I mean you're sexier than me. Wait, that came out wrong, I mean you're-" Muichiro silenced her blabbing when he put his finger on her glossy lips.

"Shall I compare thee to a summer's day, so you will be rest assured that you're the fairest of them all?" Muichiro quoted romantically.

He smirked at Nezuko's dazed expression. He leaned in closer to her, which made her blush harder.

"There are other ways I can make you blush, my Lady," Nezuko stared at him dumbfounded because this was a whole different persona of Muichiro. A knock on the door made Muichiro pull away from her.

A crewman poked his head out and said, "It's time for the show, are you guys ready?"

"Yes, we're ready," Muichiro said nervously as he slowly intertwined his hand with hers.

Muichiro's hesitate movements made Nezuko ponder on what happened to the bold and flirtatious characteristics he portrayed to her earlier?

Time Skip

The moment Nezuko and Muichiro stepped onto the stage; bright lights and a boisterous crowd awaited them. She tightened her hold on Muichiro's hand, which gave her a sense of comfort when he squeezed her hand back. '

They sat at on a plush couch, while Simon sat at the opposite end of them on his recliner. Simon looked jubilantly at the couple's joined hands, he even squealed like an animated fan girl. Nezuko had to admit that Simon was quite an eccentric fellow. He had on a purple suit, with a bunch of glittery stars on it, and his brown hair was messy.

"I guess we can confirm that you guys are dating?" He asked with a knowing smirk, but it was more of a statement.

"Yes, Simon, I have found my perfect lady model," The audience awed at Muichiro's declaration.

"Tell me, we are all dying to know about how this relationship conspired?" Simon asked as the audience waited in anticipation for Muichiro's answer.

"It's like this Simon, I don't want to sound corny, but Nezuko does make me corny and mushy all inside..." Muichiro formed out a nervous chuckle, while the audience and Simon chuckled at the love struck boy.

"I wanted to be the perfect gentleman, articulate my words on how I could make her my girlfriend. However, lucky for me, she is the more bold one in our relationship," Muichiro proclaimed with a boyish grin.

"Yes, you are right, my dear boy. Nezuko , what urged you to kiss this handsome model's face?" Simon asked Nezuko directly.

Nezuko felt herself getting dizzy when everyone stared at her. She wasn't sure if was the pretty dress that made her more confident. She wasn't sure if it was the consuming ecstasy that made her bold. She wasn't even sure if it was Muichiro's reassurance that made her felt at ease. All she knew was that she felt confident and wanted to act upon it.

"Simon, you all know that in the end of the fairy tale, the prince always gives the princess a true love kiss," Nezuko stated with a smirk.

"Why yes, I do, but what does this have to do with anything?" Simon asked with heavy confusion.

"I feel that it's unfair that the prince always captures the princess with a kiss. This is the modern century, I think the princess should start doing the smooching first!" With that, she grabbed Muichiro's collar, and gave him a quick smooch on the lips. The crowd went ecstatic at this, while Muichiro and Simon stared at her dumbstruck.

Simon made a dramatic cough, "Well, ladies and gentleman, there you have it. The fashion world's new couple: Nezuko and Muichiro ! We look forward to seeing projects of you guys in the future," Everyone applauded at this, while Nezuko found herself in a daze. She couldn't believe that her first kiss was with Muichiro Tokito! Which made her wonder, what would happen now?

Time Skip

"I must say Princess, that was quite an awesome performance," Muichiro said as he strode into her dressing room. She thanked God that she was decent because he didn't even bother to knock.

"Thanks Muichiro , but can you please knock next time," Nezuko replied shyly.

Suddenly, she felt a presence right behind her like a shadow. Muichiro wrapped his arms around her like a caged bird. Nezuko blushed at this, and couldn't even breath.

"Why, pretty soon you won't even complain about me knocking. And we have to be intimate to the public soon, so why not start now?" He purred lowly as he nibbled on her earlobe.

She pushed him off of her. "Listen, I'm new to this. This is new territory for me, something I'm not used to. Can we start by being friends and take things slow?" Nezuko pleaded.

"Trust me, Princess, you don't want that. Why don't you admit that you like me now, given to how you already act around me?" Muichiro asked with a smirk. Nezuko didn't like this arrogant attitude of his. If this was the real Muichiro Tokito behind the facade, she wasn't a big fan at the moment.

"You're quite a presumptuous fellow," Nezuko stated casually.

"Why yes, I am. Well, look at me, I am quite a looker. Girls can't keep their hands off me, you especially," He replied with a cheeky grin as she smacked him in embarrassment.

"That was for show, and I can quite see you're a master of putting one as well!" Nezuko exclaimed heatedly.

"Ever since I was six years old, I've always played the character that the media wanted me to be," Adrien walked in her personal bubble, "And now, I have to make you fall madly in love with me, but you're already captivated by me." He concluded as he leaned closer to her lips.

She shoved his face away from her line of vision. "It would be a fat chance that I will truly fall for you," Nezuko said stubbornly as she crossed her arms.

He chuckled at this. "Alright, then I'll have to do the old fashion way, by wooing you," With that, he winked at her and left her dressing room without another word.

"What have I gotten myself into?..." Nezuko asked herself out loud.