Stage thirteen: The Calm Before The Storm

"So... are you going to enlighten me about your cat fight with Sasamaru?" Muichiro inquired casually as he handed her an ice pack.

They decided to go back to Muichiro's place first, so they could clean her up without her parents flipping out.

"Don't worry about it, it's just girl stuff, you wouldn't understand," Nezuko replied vaguely.

"I see," Muichiro said curtly.

Nezuko fiddled with her hands nervously. She couldn't tell Muichiro about why she got into a fight with Sasamaru. Nezuko felt that it wasn't her place to tell. She trusted Muichiro completely, but there were some things that she wanted to keep to herself.

"Take the ice pack off and close your eyes, please," Muichiro ordered gently.

Nezuko obliged before she heard the make-up case open with a pop. Muichiro gingerly put the concealer on her, with his calloused hands, and then he applied a few touches of matching eye shadow. When he was done, she opened her eyes and stared in shock at the mirror he gave her. What he did to her eye was almost like magic. There were no traces of her black eye anymore. It was still there, by God, she still felt the hurtful ache. Nonetheless, on the outside, her eye looked perfectly peachy.

"You're amazing, Muichiro! You're very talented with makeup, did someone teach you?" Nezuko asked curiously.

"No one, I taught myself. My mom is a makeup artist, so she inspired me to learn how to do it on my own." He answered, but there was something off in his tone.

"Where is your mom, by the way?" Nezuko piqued without thinking.

"When I was about five, she left my father and me. My father had a crazy idea that me being a famous model, while he, a well-known fashion designer, she would come back to us. However, she never did..." Muichiro said with a faraway look in his eyes.

"I'm sorry," Nezuko said lost for words.

"You know what's funny, though. My entire life, I've been doing this modeling career for my father and even for my absent mother. I actually wanted to be a makeup artist, but my father never praised me for it." He said bitterly while he let out a harsh laugh.

Nezuko hesitantly put her hand over his. He looked at her while she gave him an understanding smile.

"I can understand where your father is coming from because it reminds him of his wife," Muichiro was about to retort, but she gave him a look that silenced him.

"However, your father is not letting you live your life. Muichiro, you're eighteen now. You're very smart, you know how to live on your own, and have a good income from all that modeling you've been doing. You can find a school in the field of makeup artistry, or better yet, I'm sure you would even find connections for a makeup artist job." Nezuko said optimistically.

Muichiro gently pushed a lock of her hair behind her ear. He gazed at her as he contemplated her words. Her words sounded sweet as honey. It would be so easy to fill his head with her spoon full of sugar-coated words. Sadly, Muichiro had always been realistic at such a young age, so it was hard to sway his hardened judgment. When it came to her, he always found himself compelled to her and second-guessed his judgment.

"Will you help me, Nezuko?" He asked so vulnerably.

"Of course, silly. You're helping me with my future, I would be a real jerk if I didn't do the same for you." She stated like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Before Muichiro could help himself, he captivated her with a passionate kiss. He leaned her back on the plush couch as he settled his hands between her head. He peppered her neck with kisses, then nudged his head like a cat under her chin and traced on her arm like she was paper. Nezuko's breathing was shallow; she couldn't think straight. Nezuko dug her fingers into his turquoise blue hair as she tried to get her breathing under control.

"So I guess I win the bet?" Nezuko asked breathlessly.

Instead of answering, he moved his fingers to her chapped lips and outlined them very slowly.

"What can I say, you're absolutely irresistible," He answered as he moved his hands to her flushed cheeks.

"Your skin is warm as the sun, your eyes are deep as the ocean, and your lips are soft as petals." He recited cheekily as he captured her with another kiss.

"My, aren't you a poet," She replied sarcastically with a giggle as he laid his head on her chest.

"Do you want to spend the night?" He asked after a moment, which made her blush like a ripe tomato.

"What? I'm not ready for that part of our relationship. I mean, I know that a lot of teenagers do it, but I'm not ready yet. I mean, I want to keep my virtue, not until I'm married, of course, just until, you know..." Nezuko drawled embarrassingly.

"What, no, God no. I didn't mean for you to stay to do that. I kind of don't want to be myself tonight, you can have the bed, I'll take the couch. I'll keep my filthy claws off you." He offered chivalrously.

"Oh, okay, it's not a school night, so I think my parents should be fine with it." She replied dumbly as he let her sit up.

"Nezuko, I'll never push you into anything you don't want to do," Muichiro promised sincerely.

"I know..."

Time Skip

Nezuko took it all back about Mushu Tokito being an intimidated man. MK scared the living day lights out of her. Here he sat, behind his desk, with a scowl formed on his lips. He dressed in all black, like he was attending a funeral. Her funeral if she was being melodramatic.

"Nezuko , it's great to finally meet you, but I would have liked it to be under different circumstances. Do tell, my dear, why did you beat up my daughter?"

Nezuko wasn't sure what to say. She wasn't sure if Sasamaru blabbed about the photo. She had to be cautious of her response and be very cunning. Nezuko almost wished she went to the principal's office more, so she would have a better verdict. Damn her for being such a goody-two-shoes.

"I will admit, some catty words were said between us. What she said to me made me very jealous. She showed me something on her phone and she was being childish for not deleting it." To be fair, the bitch had it coming, but Nezuko kept that to herself.

"You do understand that what you did was very unprofessional. I'm even thinking about firing you," Kokushibo commented bluntly. Muichiro was about to retort, while Nezuko couldn't move.

"However, I'm going to give you a proposition. You both will be graduating soon and I know your plans are still up in the air. You have till about the end of summer to announce your engagement or your break up. If you decide to break up, then Nezuko, you're fired." Kokushibo said with a finalized tone.

"What about Sasamaru ?" Nezuko piqued without thinking.

"If you decide to break up, Sasamaru will take your place..."