Stage four: New Student

"Girl, I watched the interview on Saturday. Nezuko, you were completely spontaneous! You and Muichiro make such a cute couple, so why didn't you enlighten your best friend about you guys going out?" Makomo asked dramatically while she wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

"Because we aren't, it's just for show," Nezuko whispered as she resumed drawing in her sketchbook.

"Wait, what!" Makomo exclaimed loudly, which brought unwanted attention from their classmates.

Nezuko shushed her before she explained everything to Makomo in a low whisper. Nezuko didn't want anyone else to know that their relationship was a scam. Makomo respected Nezuko's wishes not to say anything, but Makomo still didn't like her friend being forced into a relationship.

"This almost feels like you're in one of those dramatic soap operas," Makomo commented jokingly, which made Nezuko giggle.

"On the bright side, at least you're paired with Muichiro Tokito. That guy, he's like the perfect golden boy," Makomo sighed wistfully.

"Don't be deceived, Makomo. There's another side of the coin of Muichiro," Nezuko stated from experience. Madame Nakime walked into the classroom before Makomo could question Nezuko further.

"Class, I have an important announcement. We have a new student joining us, please give him a warm welcome. You may come in, now," Madame Nakime addressed to the new student that lingered at the door frame.

The moment Muichiro Tokito strode into the classroom; the girls and some of the boys went ballistic. Both Nezuko and Makomo covered their ears by the high-pitched screams. Nezuko was dumbstruck at her seat. Why on Earth was Muichiro Tokito the new student in her class? Wasn't he supposed to be home schooled?

Muichiro noticed her flabbergasted gaze on him, which made him smile charmingly at her classmates, and it encouraged their screams even louder.

That conniving bastard. Nezuko thought to herself in annoyance.

"Class, settle down!" Madame Nakime shouted sternly. Luckily, the class obliged her demand.

"Would you like to introduce yourself, Muichiro?" Madame Nakime asked kindly.

"As some of you probably know, I model for my father's clothing line, along with my girlfriend, Nezuko," Muichiro stated shyly while Nezuko blushed at some of her classmate's stares.

"Please treat me and even Nezuko normally. I'm very excited to have my first high school experience at a real school, and to share it with a girl who's amazing." Nezuko was not oblivious to some of the girl's heated glares at her. Was Muichiro trying to get her killed by his insane fan club?

"That was very sweet, Muichiro. Now, let's see who you can sit with?" Madame Nakime said highly touched.

Great, now Madame Nakime was bewitched by Muichiro's facade. Nezuko thought to herself with a tired sigh.

"Madame Nakime, Muichiro can sit with me!" Ume exclaimed frantically.

Nezuko as confused because usually, her friend koyuki sat with her. Then, when Nezuko saw the poor girl on the floor, she confirmed that Ume pushed Koyuki off the stool. Nezuko would never be available to comprehend their friendship? Koyuki could do so much better in the friend's department, but somehow, Koyuki chose none other than Ume.

"That won't be necessary, Ume. Muichiro, you can sit with Senjuro," Madame Nakime said as she pointed at the boy in front of Makomo.

Muichiro took his seat next to Senjuro and smiled at him in greeting. Nezuko's jaw slacked when the boys did a fist bump to each other. Nezuko wondered if they knew each other? However, she put that idea out the window because that was Makomo's boy bestfriend. Makomo would have enlightened her that Senjuro was connected with Muichiro somehow.

Muichiro turned around in his seat when Madame Nakime was consumed in her lesson. "Isn't this great, Nezuko! Now we can see each other during school hours," Muichiro said jubilantly, but she knew he said that to irk her.

"Oh yeah, I am just peachy about the arrangement," Nezuko replied with heavy sarcasm.

Muichiro leaned closer to her, so he could whisper in her ear. "If you have time later, can you show me where the broom closets are?" Nezuko glared at his innocent expression.

"Of course, it's shoved up right up your-" Nezuko wasn't available to finish the last line since Madame Nakime interrupted her.

"Nezuko, is there something you like to share with the class?" Madame Nakime asked, but it was more of a demand.

"Sorry, Madame Nakime. Nezuko felt hurt that I wouldn't hold her hand, but I was too shy to take it. Please don't blame her, blame me," Muichiro piqued in her defense.

"I understand that you two are a couple, but in the future, please keep your hands to yourself." She informed them, but the comment was mostly for Nezuko.

"We understand," They both said in unison.

With that, Madame Nakime continued with the lesson, while Nezuko glared at the back of Muichiro's beautiful long black to mint head throughout the day.