Stage ten: Confessions and Cake

Spring break was almost coming to an end. Nezuko only had the weekend now before she had to go back to school. The music video ended up being a huge success, it now had over a million views from just a few days. As for the whole Douma incident, she gave him a huge apology. It turned out that Muzan threatened Douma if he didn't roughly kiss her. Nezuko hated liars, so she could spot one instantly. She could tell Douma was wholly sincere. Douma didn't blame Nezuko and Muichiro of what they did to him. In fact, if she quoted his words, he said: "If my girl was being forced by a man she didn't like, I would do the same thing." It still made her blush when she reminisced Douma's fundamental words.

Something changed between her and Muichiro that day. She couldn't fathom it, but she knew that she felt different around him. She started to stutter around him again before she found out that he was two-faced. Nezuko blushed every time he started to flirt with her, instead of a witty retort. The most important thing, she now found his puns adorable, instead of it being downright annoying. Nezuko had a crush on the model. She knew that for a fact. However, the crushing part now felt different. Before, it was the type of crush you had for a celebrity, which was beyond your reach. Now, she really, really liked him, and had a chance with him now. The funny thing was that they're going out publicity, but not going out emotionally. Muichiro Tokito was true to his words. He would woo her, and she found herself captivated by him.

She snapped out of her thoughts as she went up to Muichiro's apartment door. Today was August 8th, Muichiro's birthday. It took her forever, but she finally found out where Muichiro's apartment was. She asked Nathalie, instead of Muichiro, because she wanted it to be a surprise. She found out sadly that Muichiro didn't really celebrate his birthday. He did, but he was celebrating it publicly, not for himself. She found out when he would be back from his photo shoot. It was now 9 o'clock on the dot. His photo shoot ended at eightish, so he should be in his apartment by now. She took a deep breath as she knocked on the door.

About a minute or two, the door opened. Muichiro looked at her in surprise, while she smiled at him sheepishly. "Ummm, Happy Birthday! I made you some cake," she stated as she leaned her head on the cake box, "May I come in?" Nezuko asked after a short pause.

Muichiro opened the door wider for her before she walked inside. She took her shoes off and put them by the door. Muichiro led her to the living room area, where her breath got caught in her throat. Her feet came in contact with cream-colored rugs, which felt like pure silk. There was a crystal chandelier that brightened the living room in a luxurious light. What really caught her attention was the grand piano by the huge window. The scenery outside the window reminded her of a painting. The Kimtsu Tower glittered itself like a halo, and she had never felt so small.

"You have a nice place, where's your father, by the way?" Nezuko asked casually.

"He doesn't live with me," Muichiro replied nonchalantly.

"Oh..." Nezuko felt bad about the home arrangement. She also felt uneasy that it was just the two of them. He's a boy, she's a girl. No adult supervision. They're teenagers for crying out loud. Anything could happen.

"Do you have a lighter? I want to light your cake with these candles," Muichiro nodded as he went into the kitchen. He was awfully quiet, and Nezuko wondered what was going on.

Nezuko gingerly settled the cake on the coffee table before she opened the box. She made a chocolate mousse cake for him. He had a sweet tooth for chocolate, so she couldn't resist. She put the eighteen candles evenly on there.

"I also brought plates, silverware, and napkins," Muichiro listed as he made his way towards her.

"Would you like to do the honors, milady?" He asked with a smirk as he dangled the lighter in front of her.

"Sure," Nezuko hastily took the lighter from him with a blush. Her hand was shaking due to nervousness, and she couldn't compose herself. Muichiro settled his hand on top of hers and looked at her in concern.

"Do you want me to do it?" He asked. She nodded her head in response.

He lit the candles easily before he gave her a thumbs up. Nezuko sang "Happy Birthday," which was so out of tune. They both laughed at her wonderful singing, noting heavy sarcasm.

"Okay, make a wish!" Nezuko exclaimed in giddiness.

He blew out the candles while she clapped loudly. They each had a piece of cake, but Muichiro got the first bite. He moaned in delight, which made Nezuko proud of herself. Not to be vain or anything, but she really did a good job. The chocolate melted in their mouths perfectly. It was also perfectly moist, just right, if she quoted Goldilocks.

"Okay, present time!" Nezuko announced as she handed him a pretty box with a bow.

"You got me a present? You didn't have to," Muichiro said shyly.

"I didn't have to, but I wanted to," Nezuko replied easily with a smile.

Muichiro opened her present and then gaped at it. She made him a cat doll that held a bag of chocolate chip cookies. He didn't say anything, which made her worried.

"I didn't know what else to get you, so I thought a gift from the heart. If you don't like it, I can make something else. Better yet, I should have bought something instead. Argh, I can get you something else, if you like?" Muichiro stopped her spluttering when he put her into a tight hug.

"I love it, Nezuko. Thank you for this, it made me so happy!" He choked emotionally.

Suddenly, she felt her shirt getting wet. Nezuko realized Muichiro Tokito was crying.

"Hey, are you okay? Hush, everything is okay," She soothingly rubbed his shaking shoulders. She pulled back his long back to pale turquoise blue hair , so they wouldn't get wet. Nezuko hummed an incoherent tune to calm him down. Nezuko was definitely not expecting this reaction from him.

"I'm sorry, I'm not used to something like this. You're so genuine, Nezuko. Please, never lose it if you pursue this industry!" Muichiro pleaded softly.

"I like you a lot, Muichiro. If you're there with me, I will always be genuine with my feelings, and you will never see yourself as an inanimate object." Nezuko blushed furiously when she said that without thinking.

"I really like you a lot too, Nezuko. You're really something!" Muichiro said shyly.

"I love you too, Muichiro," Nezuko replied with a radiant smile.